A18 file format description
Many people share .a18 files without attaching instructions on how to use it. Yet it isn’t evident for everyone which program a .a18 file can be edited, converted or printed with. On this page, we try to provide assistance for handling .a18 files.
1 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.arj - ARJ Compressed Archive
ARJ file is an ARJ Compressed Archive. It is the native format of ARJ (dos) and WinARJ archiver. Like other archives, ARJ files are data containers, they store one or several files in the compressed form.
- .arj file format description:
- ARJ format description not yet available
- Archive files
- - / -
- a00, a01, a02, a03, a04, a05, a06, a07, a08, a09, a10, a11, a12, a13, a14, a15, a16, a17, a18, a19, a20, a21, a22, a23, a24
- ARJ Compressed Archive related links:
- ARJ Compressed Archive related extensions:
- ARJ Compressed Archive
Naturally, other applications may also use the .a18 file extension. Even harmful programs can create .a18 files. Be especially cautious with .a18 files coming from an unknown source!
Can't open a .a18 file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize a filename extension, you receive the following message:
Windows can't open this file:
To open this file, Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select one from a list of programs that are installed on your computer.
To avoid this error, you need to set the file association correctly.
- Open Control Panel > Control Panel Home > Default Programs > Set Associations.
- Select a file type in the list and click Change Program.
If you find the information on this page useful, please feel free to link to this page.
If you have useful information about the .a18 file format, then write to us!