AMR file format description
Many people often share .amr files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .amr files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .amr files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .amr files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .amr file format.
3 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.amr - Adaptive Multi-Rate Audio
The AMR audio files are related to QuickTime Player. The AMR file is an Adaptive Multi-Rate compressed audio. Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) is an audio data compression scheme optimized for speech coding.
Adaptive Multi-Rate Audio related extensions:
- tkm Panasonic SD Voice Editor Data
- wusikpack Wusikstation Sound Package
- ima4 IMA 4-bit ADPCM Compressed Audio
- xopus Exient XGS OPUS Audio Data
- afs Alesis Fusion Audio Sample
- gmc Game Music Creator Music
.amr - BrainVoyager QX Anatomical Slices
The AMR data files are related to BrainVoyager QX. The AMR file is a BrainVoyager QX Anatomical Slices. BrainVoyager QX is a highly optimized and user friendly software package for the analysis and visualization of functional and structural magnetic resonance imaging data sets.
BrainVoyager QX Anatomical Slices related extensions:
- mspdi Microsoft Project XML Data Interchange File
- khd Microsoft Dynamics AX Kernel Help Documentation
- tqf IBM Rational Test RealTime Intermediate Data
- dl0 Abbyy Finereader 4.0 Sprint Data
- trs WinTrack Railroad Track Text Data
- srt0 Nintendo Wii Texture Animation Data
.amr - NGA WinControl Data
The AMR data files are related to NGA WinControl. The AMR file is an NGA WinControl Data. NGA WinControl is a gas analysis and measurement software from Emerson Process Management.
NGA WinControl Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .amr file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .amr extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .amr files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .amr files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .amr file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .amr file
To set the .amr file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .amr file association. Many applications can open .amr files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .amr file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
ahr, ajr, akr, alr, am, amd, ame, amf, amg, amt, anr, ar, arm, mar, mr
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .amr filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .amr:
- xmr M.O.L.E. MAP Machine Data
- amd Abbyy FineReader Dictionary Data
- ar Midtown Madness 2 Game Data
- am Advantage Data Dictionary Data
- amt ArtMoney Table
- mar Pegasus Mail Attribute Record Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .amr page useful, please feel free to link to this page.