ANM file format description
Many people often share .anm files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .anm files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .anm files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .anm files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .anm file format.
5 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.anm - Deluxe Paint Animation
The ANM graphic files are related to ANM Decoder. The ANM file is a Deluxe Paint Animation. Deluxe Paint (DPaint) is a bitmap graphics editor originally created by Dan Silva for Electronic Arts. The original version was created for the Commodore Amiga. The ANM Decoder seems to be no longer supported.
|Magic:||- / -|
Deluxe Paint Animation related extensions:
- ham6 Commodore Amiga Hold-And-Modify 6 Bitmap
- rl8 SageThumbs Bitmap Image
- gp4 GTXRaster CAD Group IV CALS Picture
- kdc Kodak Photo-Enhancer Data
- stg SNMP Traffic Grapher Data
- 69c RISC OS BMP Image
.anm - Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Animation Data
The ANM game data files are related to Jazz Jackrabbit 2. The ANM file is a Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Animation Data. Jazz Jackrabbit 2 is a platform game produced by Epic MegaGames.
Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Animation Data related extensions:
- cns Mugen Character States Data
- wotbreplay World of Tanks Blitz Replay Data
- sub_loc Submachine Universe Location
- ass Splinter Cell: Blacklist ASS Data
- pcp Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Game Data
- svs Need for Speed: World Vinyl Setup Data
.anm - Infinity Engine Equation Script
The ANM game data files are related to Baldurs Gate. The ANM file is an Infinity Engine Equation Script. Infinity Engine is a game engine which allows the creation of isometric role-playing video games.
Infinity Engine Equation Script related extensions:
- smd2 StarMade Ship Data
- mat DAT Material Definition
- ntl D2NT Library
- rbxlx ROBLOX Location XML Data
- cw2 Creeper World 2 Map Data
- mcstructure Minecraft Structure Data
.anm - Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Animation Data
The ANM game data files are related to Men of War: Assault Squad 2. The ANM file is a Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Animation Data. Men of War: Assault Squad 2 is a real-time strategy game set in World War II.
Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Animation Data related extensions:
- hoi4 Hearts of Iron IV Saved Game
- isb Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Music File
- 00 The Ur-Quan Masters Saved Game
- dxr Vegas Jackpot Gold Game Data
- ssf Bioware Aurora Sound Set File
- player Metro 2033 Saved Player Data
.anm - XenoView Animation Data
The ANM data files are related to XenoView. The ANM file is a XenoView Animation Data. XenoView is software package for molecular simulations. It includes Graphical User Interface which allows to create molecular structure, see it on the screen, run simulations, and easily monitor and analize the results on the screen.
XenoView Animation Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .anm file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .anm extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .anm files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .anm files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .anm file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .anm file
To set the .anm file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .anm file association. Many applications can open .anm files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .anm file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
abm, agm, ahm, ajm, am, amm, amn, an, anh, anl, ann, nam, nm, znm
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .anm filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .anm:
- amm All My Movies Database
- ann ENVI Annotation Data
- ahm Acoustic Head Map File
- anl Train Model Simulator Track Layout
- amm Abbyy FineReader Dictionary Data
- an Adobe Edge Animate Project
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .anm page useful, please feel free to link to this page.