APPX file format description
Many people share .appx files without attaching instructions on how to use it. Yet it isn’t evident for everyone which program a .appx file can be edited, converted or printed with. On this page, we try to provide assistance for handling .appx files.
1 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.appx - Microsoft Windows 8 App Package
The APPX development files are related to Microsoft Windows 8. The APPX file is a Microsoft Windows 8 App Package. An app package is a container based on the Open Packing Conventions (OPC) standard. OPC defines a structured way to store data and resources for the app by using a standard ZIP file.
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Development files
- - / -
- Microsoft Windows 8 App Package related extensions:
- Microsoft Visual Studio WebTest Data
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV Development Environment Setup Parameters
- Microsoft Profiler Binary Table
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro Client-Server Query File
- Microsoft Visual Studio Data Source
- Microsoft DirectX D3D Compiled Vertex Shader
Naturally, other applications may also use the .appx file extension. Even harmful programs can create .appx files. Be especially cautious with .appx files coming from an unknown source!
Can't open a .appx file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize a filename extension, you receive the following message:
Windows can't open this file:
To open this file, Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select one from a list of programs that are installed on your computer.
To avoid this error, you need to set the file association correctly.
- Open Control Panel > Control Panel Home > Default Programs > Set Associations.
- Select a file type in the list and click Change Program.
The .appx file extension is often given incorrectly!
According to the searches on our site, these misspellings were the most common in the past year:
alpx, app, appc, apx, ppx
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
Similar file extensions in our database:
- Alphacam Punch Post Data
- WebSuite Compiled Active Page
- Atari 8-bit Apac3 Linker-Viewer Image
- SymbianOS Compiled Application
- Visual FoxPro Application
- Ability Photopaint Image
DataTypes.net currently supports the following operating systems:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8, Windows 10, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
If you find the information on this page useful, please feel free to link to this page.
If you have useful information about the .appx file format, then write to us!