ASAX file format description
Many people share .asax files without attaching instructions on how to use it. Yet it isn’t evident for everyone which program a .asax file can be edited, converted or printed with. On this page, we try to provide assistance for handling .asax files.
1 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.asax - ASP.NET Application
ASAX file is a Microsoft ASP.NET Application. The Global.asax file is the central point for ASP.NET applications. It provides numerous events to handle various application-wide tasks such as user authentication, application start up, and dealing with user sessions.
- .asax file format description:
- ASAX format
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
- Development files
- - / -
- ASP.NET Application related links:
- ASP.NET Application related extensions:
- Visual Studio .NET Visual C# Smart Device Project
- Visual Studio .NET Visual C# Project
- Visual Studio .NET DB Project Extended Properties
- Visual Studio .NET DB Project Indexing Options
- Visual Studio .NET DB Project Stored Procedure
- Visual Studio .NET Resources Data
Naturally, other applications may also use the .asax file extension. Even harmful programs can create .asax files. Be especially cautious with .asax files coming from an unknown source!
Can't open a .asax file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize a filename extension, you receive the following message:
Windows can't open this file:
To open this file, Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select one from a list of programs that are installed on your computer.
To avoid this error, you need to set the file association correctly.
- Open Control Panel > Control Panel Home > Default Programs > Set Associations.
- Select a file type in the list and click Change Program.
The .asax file extension is often given incorrectly!
According to the searches on our site, these misspellings were the most common in the past year:
aax, asx, asa, sax, asas
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
Similar file extensions in our database:
- Audible Enhanced Audiobook
- ASP Global Script
- ANSYS ASAS Input File
- Advanced Stream Redirector
- Alpha Five Database Index
- Spektrum DX8 Transmitter Firmware File
If you find the information on this page useful, please feel free to link to this page.
If you have useful information about the .asax file format, then write to us!