ASM file format description
Many people often share .asm files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .asm files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .asm files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .asm files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .asm file format.
6 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.asm - Assembly Source Code
The ASM development files are related to Microsoft Macro Assembler. The ASM file is an Assembly Source Code. An assembly language is a low-level programming language for a computer, or other programmable device, in which there is a very strong (generally one-to-one) correspondence between the language and the architecture's machine code instructions.
|Application:||Microsoft Macro Assembler|
|Magic:||- / -|
Assembly Source Code related extensions:
- c Origin C Source Code
- vsz Visual Studio Wizard
- magik Magik Source Code
- ifr UEFI IFR Opcode
- gnt Micro Focus COBOL Generated Code
- gmk Game Maker 7.x Data
.asm - Solid Edge Assemblies Document
The ASM document files are related to Solid Edge. The ASM file is a Solid Edge Assemblies Document. Solid Edge is a 3D CAD parametric feature solid modeling software. It runs on Microsoft Windows and provides solid modeling, assembly modelling and drafting functionality for mechanical engineers.
Solid Edge Assemblies Document related extensions:
- cwt ClarisWorks Texture
- tilt Tilt Brush Sketch
- ov OrgPlus Chart
- dwk DADiSP Worksheet
- tbt TabIt Document
- pfsx ELAN Document
.asm - Alphacam Stone Param Macro
The ASM data files are related to Alphacam. The ASM file is an Alphacam Stone Param Macro. Alphacam is a leading CAD/CAM software solution for the Woodworking industry.
Alphacam Stone Param Macro related extensions:
- adb Alphacam Diecut VB Macro
- add Alphacam Diecut Drawing
- adm Alphacam Diecut Param Macro
- adp Alphacam Diecut Post Data
- adt Alphacam Diecut Tool Data
- aeb Alphacam Wire EDM VB Macro
.asm - PTC Creo Assembly Data
The ASM data files are related to PTC Creo. The ASM file is a PTC Creo Assembly Data. PTC Creo is a scalable, interoperable suite of product design software.
PTC Creo Assembly Data related extensions:
- fz2 JB BAHN Zoom2 Graphics
- l5r VecTor5 Load Case Data
- qtmp Qtracker Mapshot Pack
- umg USoft User Message Data
- ink Tablet PC Digital Ink
- nps Lotus Agenda NPS Data
.asm - Adobe Digital Editions Link
The ASM data files are related to Adobe Digital Editions. The ASM file is an Adobe Digital Editions Link. Adobe Digital Editions is a software program that manages your downloads and helps to transfer e-books to many devices.
Adobe Digital Editions Link related extensions:
- u00 PC64 User Container Data
- twk TweakS Plugin Data
- wsl Win-Situ Log
- bada Bada Data
- olg OATS Log File
- j4 jBASE J4 Data
.asm - Pro/ENGINEER Assembly Data
The ASM data files are related to Pro/ENGINEER. The ASM file is a Pro/ENGINEER Assembly Data. Pro/ENGINEER is a 3D-CAD application by Parametric Technology Corporation.
Pro/ENGINEER Assembly Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .asm file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .asm extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .asm files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .asm files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .asm file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .asm file
To set the .asm file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .asm file association. Many applications can open .asm files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .asm file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
a5m, acm, aem, am, ams, aqm, as, ash, asj, ask, asl, asn, awm, axm, azm
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .asm filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .asm:
- zsm X-Men Legends Game Data
- acm Microsoft Audio Compression Manager Codec
- aqm CP/M Information Data
- ask Astrotite 200X Skin Data
- sam Samurize Package
- am Applix Builder Shelf Macro
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .asm page useful, please feel free to link to this page.