AST file format description
Many people often share .ast files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .ast files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .ast files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .ast files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .ast file format.
12 filename extension(s) found in our database.
- Adobe Color Separation Table
- ClarisWorks Assistant
- ASTree Program
- AstroGrav Astronomy Simulation Data
- ActivTrak Session Track Data
- Need for Speed: Underground Audio Data
- Astound Media Data
- Ability Spreadsheet Template
- Autodesk Simulation Mechanical Strain Results Data
- Technics SX-KN6000 All Custom Memory Data
- Hallo Northern Sky Asteroid Database
- ESwin Wizard
- .ast file related problems
.ast - Adobe Color Separation Table
The AST data files are related to Adobe Photoshop. The AST file is an Adobe Photoshop Color Separation Table.
|Magic:||- / -|
Adobe Color Separation Table related extensions:
- aec Cinema 4D After Effects Composition
- 4qr 4D Database Quick Report Document
- trn Corel Quattro Pro Translation Support Data
- str Altair FEKO Solution Vector Data
- kpu Physis Piano K5 EX Update Data
- c2k Microsoft Project Holidays Data
.ast - ClarisWorks Assistant
The AST document files are related to AppleWorks. The AST file is a ClarisWorks Assistant. ClarisWorks is an integrated office application, which provides word processing, graphics, illustration, spreadsheet, charting/graphing, presentation and database capabilities.
ClarisWorks Assistant related extensions:
- cdrw ClarisWorks ClarisDraw Data
- claf ClarisWorks Font
- cw3 ClarisWorks 3 Document
- cwc ClarisWorks Color Palette
- cwdb ClarisWorks Database
- cwgr ClarisWorks Drawing Document
.ast - ASTree Program
The AST other files are related to ASTree. The AST file is an ASTree Program. An abstract syntax tree (AST) is a tree representation of the abstract syntactic structure of source code written in a programming language.
ASTree Program related extensions:
- 3ac ASTree Compiled Program
.ast - AstroGrav Astronomy Simulation Data
The AST data files are related to AstroGrav. The AST file is an AstroGrav Astronomy Simulation Data. AstroGrav is a full-featured, high precision solar system simulator that calculates the gravitational interactions between all astronomical bodies, so that the motions of asteroids and comets are simulated much more accurately than with planetarium applications.
AstroGrav Astronomy Simulation Data related extensions:
- neb Nord Electro 3 Factory Backup
- cssr CSD Crystal Structure Search and Retrieval Data
- vcx Virtual CD Project
- uvkbk PCData Back Backup Information
- ibn WinIQSIM Data
- jmot Wii U Animation Data
.ast - ActivTrak Session Track Data
The AST data files are related to ActivTrak. The AST file is an ActivTrak Session Track Data. ActivTrak is a cloud-native SaaS application that provides data-driven insights through intuitive reports and dashboards to improve workforce productivity and operational efficiency.
ActivTrak Session Track Data related extensions:
- ala ActivTrak Log Analysis Data
- anh ActivTrak Net View History Data
- anv ActivTrak Net View Data
- ash ActivTrak Session Track History Data
.ast - Need for Speed: Underground Audio Data
The AST game data files are related to Need for Speed: Underground. The AST file is a Need for Speed: Underground Audio Data. Need for Speed: Underground is the seventh installment in the Need for Speed series.
Need for Speed: Underground Audio Data related extensions:
- ace Train Simulator Texture Data
- q3 Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3 Data
- xbr Azurik: Rise Of Perathia Data
- tcm Total Club Manager 2003 Saved Game
- 3dn Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter 3D Model
- blue EVE Online Generic Data File
.ast - Astound Media Data
The AST document files are related to Astound. The AST file is an Astound Media Data. Astound is a multimedia presentation authoring program for Mac and Windows. The Astound seems to be no longer supported.
Astound Media Data related extensions:
.ast - Ability Spreadsheet Template
The AST document files are related to Ability Spreadsheet. The AST file is an Ability Spreadsheet Template. Ability Spreadsheet is a numerical analysis application published by Ability Plus Software, which is part of the Ability Office office suite running on Microsoft Windows.
Ability Spreadsheet Template related extensions:
- qfl Quicken Family Lawyer Document
- ptx Adobe Pagemaker Template
- ptz E-Transcript Bundle
- flp Family Lawyer Document
- ncz Netcad Drawing Document
- p5d DynaCAD v5 Parts Document
.ast - Autodesk Simulation Mechanical Strain Results Data
The AST data files are related to Autodesk Simulation Mechanical. The AST file is an Autodesk Simulation Mechanical Strain Results Data. Autodesk Simulation Mechanical is a general calculation code using the Finite Element Method (FEM).
Autodesk Simulation Mechanical Strain Results Data related extensions:
- emb Wilcom Embroidery Data
- box Kodicom Video Metadata
- trl Topocad Roadlines Data
- nsa AceBackup Archive File
- efs eSignal Formula Script
- mat Poser 3D Material Data
.ast - Technics SX-KN6000 All Custom Memory Data
The AST data files are related to Technics SX-KN6000. The AST file is a Technics SX-KN6000 All Custom Memory Data. Technics SX-KN6000 is a keyboard workstation.
Technics SX-KN6000 All Custom Memory Data related extensions:
- boi Botje Bot Data
- ocf OM2 OMALI Cipher Data
- ap11 Siemens TIA V11 File
- req FidoNet Request Data
- obtheme ObjectBar Theme File
- tpl tg2htm HTML Template
.ast - Hallo Northern Sky Asteroid Database
The AST data files are related to Hallo Northern Sky. The AST file is a Hallo Northern Sky Asteroid Database. Hallo Northern Sky (HNSKY) is a popular freeware planetarium program for Linux and Microsoft Windows to simulate the night sky.
Hallo Northern Sky Asteroid Database related extensions:
- vt2 VibTrend v2 Data
- frd Frequency Response Data
- cuz CropWalker Data
- viz dVISE 3D Model Data
- f04 Nastran Log
- psf Parallels Desktop Shared Folders Data
.def - ESwin Wizard
The DEF data files are related to ESwin. The DEF file is an ESwin Wizard. ESwin is a generic 3D structural design application developed by Procedimientos.
ESwin Wizard related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .ast file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .ast extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .ast files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .ast files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .ast file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .ast file
To set the .ast file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .ast file association. Many applications can open .ast files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .ast file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
act, aet, aqt, as, asf, asg, ash, asr, asy, at, ats, awt, axt, azt, qst
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .ast filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .ast:
- zst ZSNES Save State File
- zst ZSTD Compressed Data
- zst Zstandard Compressed Data
- act Macromedia Action! Template
- ash KoLmafia ASH Script
- ats Audiotools Plug-in
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .ast page useful, please feel free to link to this page.