AUC file format description
Many people share .auc files without attaching instructions on how to use it. Yet it isn’t evident for everyone which program a .auc file can be edited, converted or printed with. On this page, we try to provide assistance for handling .auc files.
1 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.auc - Microsoft Dynamics AX Application Unicode Object Cache
ALC file is a Microsoft Dynamics AX Application Unicode Object Cache. Microsoft Dynamics AX is one of Microsoft's enterprise resource planning software products. It is part of the Microsoft Dynamics family. The client-side application object cache file is named .auc (application Unicode object cache). In earlier versions, it was named .aoc. The new name reflects the fact that objects are now stored in the Unicode format.
- .auc file format description:
- AUC format
- Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Data files
- - / -
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Application Unicode Object Cache related links:
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Application Unicode Object Cache related extensions:
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Application Developer Documentation Data
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Application Developer Documentation Index
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Online Help Data
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Online Help Index
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Application Label Cache
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Application Label Data
Naturally, other applications may also use the .auc file extension. Even harmful programs can create .auc files. Be especially cautious with .auc files coming from an unknown source!
Can't open a .auc file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize a filename extension, you receive the following message:
Windows can't open this file:
To open this file, Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select one from a list of programs that are installed on your computer.
To avoid this error, you need to set the file association correctly.
- Open Control Panel > Control Panel Home > Default Programs > Set Associations.
- Select a file type in the list and click Change Program.
The .auc file extension is often given incorrectly!
According to the searches on our site, these misspellings were the most common in the past year:
ac, uc, aus, aud, aic, acu, aux, auf, au, ahc
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
Similar file extensions in our database:
- GNU Autoconf Input File
- Command and Conquer Compressed Audio
- CaseWare Working Papers Client File
- Alphacam User Font
- ACUCOBOL-GT Compiled Program
- AutoREALM Symbols
If you find the information on this page useful, please feel free to link to this page.
If you have useful information about the .auc file format, then write to us!