AUD file format description
Many people often share .aud files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .aud files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .aud files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .aud files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .aud file format.
5 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.aud - Command and Conquer Compressed Audio
The AUD audio files are related to Command & Conquer. The AUD file is a Command & Conquer Compressed Audio File. Command & Conquer is a video game franchise, mostly of the real-time strategy style as well as a first-person shooter game based on the former.
|Application:||Command & Conquer|
|Magic:||- / -|
Command and Conquer Compressed Audio related extensions:
- mtf Multi Tracker Song Data
- mkw MKW Compressed Audio
- rdl RadioDestiny Radio Stream
- sou SoundBlaster Studio Audio Data
- sma SmartMusic Accompaniment
- jge Roland Juno-G JGE Data
.aud - GeneMapper Audit Records Data
The AUD data files are related to GeneMapper. The AUD file is a GeneMapper Audit Records Data. GeneMapper is a flexible genotyping software package developed by Applied Biosystem.
GeneMapper Audit Records Data related extensions:
.aup - Audacity Project
The AUP project files are related to Audacity. The AUP file is an Audacity Project. Audacity is a free, open source software for recording and editing sounds. It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems.
Audacity Project related extensions:
- au Audacity Audio Data
- auf Audacity Block Data
- aup Audacity Project
- aup3 Audacity v3 Project
- aup3-shm Audacity v3 Temporary Work Data
- awi Audacity Wave Information Data
.nmf - NICE Media Player Audio
The NMF audio files are related to NICE Media Player. The NMF file is a NICE Media Player Audio. The NICE Media Player is a standalone software application for playing NICE recordings. The NICE Media Player seems to be no longer supported.
NICE Media Player Audio related extensions:
- apl Monkey's Audio Link
- fmk FM-Kingtracker Module
- skyt SKYT Packer Module
- vpw VoxPro Wave File
- edq Ensoniq SQ1 Disk Image
- z00 Casio WK-3000 Rythm Data
.aup3 - Audacity v3 Project
The AUP3 project files are related to Audacity. The AUP3 file is an Audacity v3 Project. Audacity is a free, open source software for recording and editing sounds. It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems.
Audacity v3 Project related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .aud file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .aud extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .aud files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .aud files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .aud file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .aud file
To set the .aud file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .aud file association. Many applications can open .aud files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .aud file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
ad, adu, ahd, aid, ajd, au, auc, aue, auf, aur, aus, aux, qud, ud, wud
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .aud filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .aud:
- au Sun Audio File
- aux ERDAS Imagine Geospatial Auxiliary Data
- ahd Microsoft Dynamics AX Online Help Data
- aux PTC Creo Auxiliary Parameter Data
- ad DSM Application Diagram
- aur AutoREALM Map
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .aud page useful, please feel free to link to this page.