AUX file format description
Many people often share .aux files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .aux files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .aux files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .aux files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .aux file format.
7 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.aux - ArcGIS Auxilliary File
The AUX gis files are related to ArcGIS. The AUX file is an ArcGIS Auxilliary File. An auxiliary (AUX or AUX.XML) file accompanies the raster in the same location and stores any auxiliary information that cannot be stored in the raster file itself.
ArcGIS Auxilliary File related extensions:
- a2e ArcGIS Option Data
- aih ArcGIS Optional Index
- atx ArcGIS Attribute Index
- blw ArcGIS BIL World File
- bmpw ArcGIS BMP World Data
- cpg ArcGIS Codepage
.aux - PTC Creo Auxiliary Parameter Data
The AUX data files are related to PTC Creo. The AUX file is a PTC Creo Auxiliary Parameter Data. Creo is a family or suite of design software supporting product design for discrete manufacturers and is developed by PTC.
PTC Creo Auxiliary Parameter Data related extensions:
- motor Adobe Mocha for After Effects Motor Data
- adh Audible Download Helper File
- chk NVU CHK Data
- bmp BPM Studio Skin Bitmap
- ca DATAIR FlexPlus Data
- nlpe Navicat for SQLite Exported Table
.aux - VecTor5 Auxiliary Data
The AUX data files are related to VecTor5. The AUX file is a VecTor5 Auxiliary Data. VecTor5 is a nonlinear finite element analysis program for two-dimensional frame structures consisting of beams, columns and shear walls, subjected to thermal, quasi-static (monotonic, cyclic and reversed-cyclic) and dynamic (seismic, impact and blast) loads.
VecTor5 Auxiliary Data related extensions:
- a5e VecTor5 Output Results Data
- a5r VecTor5 Output Seed Data
- e5e VecTor5 Expanded Eigen Analysis Results Data
- eq VecTor5 Earthquake Data
- eqr VecTor5 Ground Acceleration Record Data
- job VecTor5 Job Data
.aux - MOPAC Auxiliary Results Data
The AUX data files are related to MOPAC. The AUX file is a MOPAC Auxiliary Results Data. MOPAC is a popular computer program used in computational chemistry. It is designed to implement semi-empirical quantum chemistry algorithms, and it runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
MOPAC Auxiliary Results Data related extensions:
- ai MOPAC Internal Chemical Modeller Output
- gpt MOPAC Graph Data
- mop MOPAC Input Format Data
- mopcrt MOPAC Cartesian Data
- mopint MOPAC Internal Data
- mopout MOPAC Chemical Output Data
.aux - MegaHAL Aux Data
The AUX data files are related to MegaHAL. The AUX file is a MegaHAL Aux Data. MegaHAL is a computer conversation simulator created by Jason Hutchens.
MegaHAL Aux Data related extensions:
- ban MegaHAL Banned Words List
- brn MegaHAL Brain Data
- grt MegaHAL Greeting Data
- swp MegaHAL Keyword Swap Data
- trn MegaHAL Training Data
.aux - LaTeX Auxiliary Data
The AUX data files are related to teTeX. The AUX file is a LaTeX Auxiliary Data. LaTeX is a high-quality typesetting system, with features designed for the production of technical and scientific documentation. LaTeX is the de facto standard for the communication and publication of scientific documents.
LaTeX Auxiliary Data related extensions:
- bbl BibTeX Bibliographic Reference
- bib BibTeX Document
- bst BibTeX Document Style
- cls LaTeX Document Class Data
- dfu LaTeX Font Encoding Data
- etx TeX Font
.aux - ERDAS Imagine Geospatial Auxiliary Data
The AUX gis files are related to ERDAS Imagine. The AUX file is an ERDAS Imagine Geospatial Auxiliary Data. ERDAS IMAGINE is a remote sensing application with raster graphics editor abilities designed by ERDAS (Earth Resource Data Analysis System) for geospatial applications.
ERDAS Imagine Geospatial Auxiliary Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .aux file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .aux extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .aux files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .aux files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .aux file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .aux file
To set the .aux file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .aux file association. Many applications can open .aux files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .aux file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
ahx, aix, au, auc, aud, aus, auz, ax, uax, ux, wux
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .aux filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .aux:
- aus Outpost Firewall Pro Configuration
- au Audacity Audio Data
- wux Wii U Compressed Disc Image
- auz Ableton Live Authorization
- auc Microsoft Dynamics AX Application Unicode Object Cache
- ahx AHX Encoded Audio
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .aux page useful, please feel free to link to this page.