BACKUP file format description
Many people often share .backup files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .backup files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .backup files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .backup files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .backup file format.
5 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.backup - pgAdmin Database Backup
The BACKUP data files are related to pgAdmin. The BACKUP file is a pgAdmin Database Backup. PgAdmin is a management tool for PostgreSQL and derivative relational databases.
pgAdmin Database Backup related extensions:
- fra Unreal Engine French Language Data
- mbp Mobipocket Reader Data
- mpb MyPhoneExplorer Backup
- ld9 PADS Layout Library CAE Decal Data
- hcu HydroCAD Units Definition
- ntd NinjaTrader Database
.backup - Navicat for MySQL Backup Data
The BACKUP data files are related to Navicat for MySQL. The BACKUP file is a Navicat for MySQL Backup Data. Navicat for MySQL is a solution for MySQL/MariaDB administration and development. It is a single application that allows you to connect to MySQL and MariaDB databases simultaneously.
Navicat for MySQL Backup Data related extensions:
- mtdt Trezor Wallet Metadata
- zzz WRAP Priority Sequence Stream Flow Availability Data
- list BlindWrite List Data
- aop O&P Industry AOP Data
- wwf WAsP Wind Farm Data
- dgprint DigiGuide Print Template
.backup - Ad-Aware Backup Data
The BACKUP data files are related to Ad-Aware. The BACKUP file is an Ad-Aware Backup Data. Ad-Aware is a popular anti-spyware and anti-malware software developed by Lavasoft.
Ad-Aware Backup Data related extensions:
- aawdef Ad-Aware Definitions Data
- ask Ad-Aware Skin Data
- awb Ad-Aware Backup Data
- awl Ad-Aware Language Data
- bckp Ad-Aware Quarantined File
- lslang Ad-Aware Language Data
.backup - Android Backup Data
The BACKUP archive files are related to Android OS. The BACKUP file is an Android Backup Data. Android is a mobile operating system based on a modified version of the Linux kernel and other open source software, designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
Android Backup Data related extensions:
- wzp AMP1-16 Update Archive
- zet ZET Compressed Archive
- uexp UE Viewer Package
- arj ARJ Compressed Archive
- enpack EnCase Package
- ufa UFA Compressed Archive
.bak - Backup Copy File
The BAK file is a Backup Copy file. The .BAK is a filename extension commonly used to signify a backup copy of a file.
|Magic:||- / -|
|Aliases:||backup, bk, old, ori, orig, ren|
Backup Copy File related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .backup file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .backup extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .backup files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .backup files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .backup file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .backup file
To set the .backup file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .backup file association. Many applications can open .backup files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .backup file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .backup filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .backup:
- bckup Time Machine Backup Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .backup page useful, please feel free to link to this page.