BANK file format description
Many people often share .bank files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .bank files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .bank files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .bank files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .bank file format.
2 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.bank - Darkest Dungeon Audio Data
The BANK game data files are related to Darkest Dungeon. The BANK file is a Darkest Dungeon Audio Data. Darkest Dungeon is a role-playing video game developed and published by indie game developer Red Hook Studios.
|Category:||Game Data files|
|Magic:||- / -|
Darkest Dungeon Audio Data related extensions:
- dek Magic: The Gathering Deck
- s3m Scorched 3D Mod
- lmu RPG Maker 2000 Map
- sdu The Suffering: Ties That Bind Game Data
- myp Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Game Data
- hhi The Sims 4 Game Data
.bank - FMOD Audio Bank
The BANK audio files are related to FMOD. The BANK file is an FMOD Audio Bank. FMOD is a set of audio content creation tools made by Firelight Technologies that play music files of diverse formats on many different operating system platforms, used in games and software applications to provide audio functionality.
FMOD Audio Bank related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .bank file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .bank extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .bank files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .bank files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .bank file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .bank file
To set the .bank file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .bank file association. Many applications can open .bank files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .bank file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
bak, ban, bnk
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .bank filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .bank:
- bak Cast Soft wysiwyg Backup Data
- bnk Yamaha DX100 Voice Data
- bak BSL Background Subtraction Data
- bnk SimCity Game Data
- bak TED5 Backup
- bnk ExamView Question Bank
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .bank page useful, please feel free to link to this page.