BAR file format description
Many people often share .bar files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .bar files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .bar files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .bar files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .bar file format.
5 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.bar - Age of Mythology Game Data
The BAR game data files are related to Age of Mythology. The BAR file is an Age of Mythology Game Data. Age of Mythology is a real-time strategy game based on creatures and heroes from ancient mythology.
|Application:||Age of Mythology|
|Category:||Game Data files|
|Magic:||- / -|
Age of Mythology Game Data related extensions:
- nml NSMB Editor Exported Level
- civ4replay Civilization 4 Game Replay
- abz Alpha Black Zero Game Data
- t3 TADS 3 Compiled Game
- rda Anno 2070 Game Archive
- ik CryENGINE IK Animation
.bar - Total Commander Button Bar Settings
The BAR configuration files are related to Total Commander. The BAR file is a Total Commander Button Bar Settings. Total Commander is a shareware Orthodox File Manager for Windows. Some features include a built-in FTP client, file compare, archive file navigation, and a multi-rename tool.
Total Commander Button Bar Settings related extensions:
- hml HostMonitor TestList Data
- kys Adobe Photoshop Keyboard Shortcut Settings
- uchr Apple iOS Keyboard Layout
- unit Systemd Unit Data
- rdp Remote Desktop Connection Settings Data
- ini Finale Playback Preferences Data
.bar - BREW MP Binary Application Resource
The BAR development files are related to BREW MP. The BAR file is a BREW MP Binary Application Resource. Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless Mobile Platform (BREW MP) is an application development platform created by Qualcomm.
BREW MP Binary Application Resource related extensions:
- f# F# Source Code
- catvbs CATIA VB Script
- gxr GeneXus Report
- mingw MinGW Makefile
- pjm Visual FoxPro Project Metafile
- curl Curl Applet
.bar - BlackBerry 10 Application Package
The BAR archive files are related to BlackBerry 10. The BAR file is a BlackBerry 10 Application Package. BlackBerry 10 is a proprietary mobile operating system for the BlackBerry line of smartphones.
BlackBerry 10 Application Package related extensions:
- x Alysis SuperDisk Self-extracting Archive
- bldl BenchLink Data Logger 3 Package
- rnc RNC ProPack Archive
- seg1 Stuffit Segment Data
- vdf Valve Steam Data File
- lbr LU Library Archive
.bar - dBase Application Generator Menu Bar Object
The BAR development files are related to dBase. The BAR file is a dBase Application Generator Menu Bar Object. dBase is a widely used database management system (DBMS) for computers.
dBase Application Generator Menu Bar Object related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .bar file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .bar extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .bar files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .bar files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .bar file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .bar file
To set the .bar file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .bar file association. Many applications can open .bar files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .bar file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
abr, ar, ba, bad, baf, bag, bat, br, bra, bwr, bzr, far, gar, har, nar
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .bar filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .bar:
- ar Microtest Q Archive
- bra SAP BRARCHIVE Lock File
- var MODELLER Sequence Variability Profile
- bag PMMail Mail Index
- har E-Sword Harmony Resource
- bad Delta Force Bone Animation Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .bar page useful, please feel free to link to this page.