BCL file format description
Many people often share .bcl files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .bcl files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .bcl files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .bcl files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .bcl file format.
3 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.bcl - Illumina CASAVA Base Call
The BCL data files are related to Illumina CASAVA. The BCL file is an Illumina CASAVA Base Call. Illumina CASAVA (Consensus Assessment of Sequence And VAriation) is a complete an analysis package for processing sequence from the Genome Analyzer. Illumina sequencing instruments generate *.bcl files as primary sequencing output.
|Magic:||- / -|
Illumina CASAVA Base Call related extensions:
- cha CLAN Frequency Sample
- mit MineEdit Inventory Template
- kwo KeyWallet Encrypted Password Storage
- ixs ArcVIEW Geocode Index
- ysx Yahoo! Player Stream Description Language Data
- mdl0 Nintendo Wii Model Data
.bcl - PDP-10 BCPL Compiler Source Code
The BCL development files are related to PDP-10. The BCL file is a PDP-10 BCPL Compiler Source Code. The PDP-10 is a mainframe computer family manufactured by Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) from 1966 into the 1980s. The PDP-10 seems to be no longer supported.
PDP-10 BCPL Compiler Source Code related extensions:
- a68 PDP-10 Algol-68 Compiler Source Code
- alg PDP-10 Algol Compiler Source Code
- b36 PDP-10 BLISS-36 Compiler Source Code
- bli PDP-10 BLISS-10 Compiler Source Code
- ctl PDP-10 Batch File
- dmp PDP-10 Core Dump
.bcl - Cimplicity HMI Basic Control Language Script
The BCL data files are related to CIMPLICITY HMI. The BCL file is a Cimplicity HMI Basic Control Language Script. CIMPLICITY HMI is a client/server based visualization and control solution that provides process visualization, data acquisition and supervisory control over manufacturing and process environments.
Cimplicity HMI Basic Control Language Script related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .bcl file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .bcl extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .bcl files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .bcl files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .bcl file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .bcl file
To set the .bcl file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .bcl file association. Many applications can open .bcl files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .bcl file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
bc, bci, bck, bcm, bco, bcp, bdl, bfl, bl, blc, bsl, bvl, bxl, cbl, cl
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .bcl filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .bcl:
- bcp Batch Compiler Preset
- bxl Ultra Librarian PCB Library
- ncl NirCmd Script
- bcm Microsoft Office Business Contact Manager Data
- blc Biacore Instruments Project
- fcl FidoCAD Library
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .bcl page useful, please feel free to link to this page.