BDS file format description
Many people often share .bds files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .bds files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .bds files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .bds files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .bds file format.
3 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.bds - Cadcorp SIS Base Dataset
The BDS gis files are related to Cadcorp SIS Map Manager. The BDS file is a Cadcorp SIS Base Dataset. Cadcorp SIS - Spatial Information System which runs on Microsoft Windows and encompasses desktop GIS modules, ActiveX and COM based Developer Kits, web-based GIS software (GeognoSIS) and a mobile data capture solution (mSIS). The Cadcorp SIS Base DataSet format (.bds) allows the combination of all geometric features - points, lines, polygons, images and text - within a single file.
|Application:||Cadcorp SIS Map Manager|
|Magic:||- / -|
Cadcorp SIS Base Dataset related extensions:
- gts GTViewer Session File
- geojson GeoJSON Data
- xpl2 TerraExplorer LOD Parameter Data
- sbf Septentrio Binary File
- vct Idrisi Vector Image
- bt VTBuilder Terrain Data
.bds - EasyC Project Data
The BDS development files are related to EasyC. The BDS file is an EasyC Project Data. EasyC is a drag-and-drop programming interface, designed to make it easy for students to program Vex Robots in C while learning C syntax at the same time.
EasyC Project Data related extensions:
.bds - Active-HDL Symbol Sheets Data
The BDS data files are related to Active-HDL. The BDS file is an Active-HDL Symbol Sheets Data. Active-HDL is a Windows based, integrated FPGA Design Creation and Simulation solution for team-based environments.
Active-HDL Symbol Sheets Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .bds file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .bds extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .bds files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .bds files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .bds file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .bds file
To set the .bds file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .bds file association. Many applications can open .bds files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .bds file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
bcs, bd, bdc, bde, bdw, bdx, bdz, bes, bfs, brs, bs, bsd, bss, bvs, bws
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .bds filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .bds:
- vds VEDA User Sets File
- bdx BarBack Drink Exchange Data
- bsd BASin Data Format Data
- dbs IR Prognosis Database Summary Document
- fds Fire Dynamics Simulator Data
- bde Borland Database Engine Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .bds page useful, please feel free to link to this page.