BLOB file format description
Many people often share .blob files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .blob files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .blob files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .blob files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .blob file format.
5 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.blob - Valve Steam Client Registry Data
The BLOB data files are related to Steam Client. The BLOB file is a Valve Steam Client Registry Data. Steam is a digital distribution, digital rights management, multiplayer, and communications platform developed by Valve Corporation.
|Magic:||- / -|
Valve Steam Client Registry Data related extensions:
- llv Lizard Safeguard PDF Security License File
- snapshot VMware ThinApp Snapshot File
- yap Castles and Catapults Game Data
- jda Winphone Fax Send Journal Data
- cwpb CopyWrite Project Binder Data
- txd Clarion for Windows Application Code Text
.blob - Cosmic Blobs 3D Model
The BLOB game data files are related to Cosmic Blobs. The BLOB file is a Cosmic Blobs 3D Model. Cosmic Blobs is a 3D modeling and doodling software for kids. The Cosmic Blobs seems to be no longer supported.
Cosmic Blobs 3D Model related extensions:
- bex Boom Extension
- cw1 Creeper World Game Map Data
- hqr Little Big Adventure Scene Data File
- sav Fortnite Client Settings Data
- jnc Jack Nicklaus 6 Course Data
- a3r Alan v3 Resource File
.blob - Transport Fever Game Mesh Data
The BLOB game data files are related to Transport Fever. The BLOB file is a Transport Fever Game Mesh Data. Transport Fever is a railroad-focused tycoon game for Microsoft Windows.
Transport Fever Game Mesh Data related extensions:
- pop Team Fortress 2 Population Data
- dhu Shadowgrounds: Survivor Unit
- scn Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Mission Data
- h6r Heroes of Might and Magic VI Data
- gbxmap Brothers In Arms: Earned In Blood Game Data
- chu Infinity Engine 1.0 User Interface Description
.blob - WOW! Diagnostic BLOB Data
The BLOB data files are related to WOW! Diagnostic. The BLOB file is a WOW! Diagnostic BLOB Data. WOW! Diagnostic is a software and hardware solutions for car service and repair.
WOW! Diagnostic BLOB Data related extensions:
- v11o ACDSee Offline Media Data
- prpt Pentaho Reporting Archive
- vc Vivid 2.0 Color Definition
- dsim Digital Simulator Data
- trk STAR-CD v4 Droplet Track Data
- cor CYANA DG Cartesian Coordinate File
.blo - IBM DB2 Binary Large Object Data
The BLO data files are related to IBM DB2. The BLO file is an IBM DB2 Binary Large Object Data. IBM DB2 is a family of database server products developed by IBM.
IBM DB2 Binary Large Object Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .blob file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .blob extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .blob files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .blob files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .blob file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .blob file
To set the .blob file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .blob file association. Many applications can open .blob files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .blob file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
blb, blo, bob, glob, lob
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .blob filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .blob:
- blo IBM DB2 Binary Large Object Data
- bob Bob Raytracer Image
- glob Coq Globalization Data
- blb Act! Blob Data
- lob IBM DB2 Large Object Data
- blb Treepad Database Blob Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .blob page useful, please feel free to link to this page.