BMF file format description
Many people often share .bmf files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .bmf files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .bmf files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .bmf files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .bmf file format.
3 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.bmf - BMF Bitmap
The BMF graphic files are related to XnView. The BMF file is a BMF Bitmap. The BMF file format, is an image file format used to store vector digital images, specifically clipart, by several legacy Corel applications; notably Corel's Windows 3.1-based Gallery Clipart applications.
BMF Bitmap related extensions:
- $s ZX Spectrum Hobetta Image
- 2bp Pocket PC Bitmap Image
- 2d Amapi Image
- 411 Sony Mavica Picture
- 4bt GoDot Image
- 73i TI-73 Bitmap
.bmf - BrainMine Mind Map Document
The BMF document files are related to BrainMine. The BMF file is a BrainMine Mind Map Document. BrainMine is a mind mapping tool for Microsoft Windows. The BrainMine seems to be no longer supported.
BrainMine Mind Map Document related extensions:
- rtg Autodesk Maya 3D Scene Data
- worksheet BBEdit Shell Worksheet
- tc6 Calc602 Spreadsheet Document
- obp Bryce 3D Model
- av Final Draft AV v1 Document
- xmap XMind 2007/2008 Workbook
.bmf - Turbo FloorPlan 3D BMF Data
The BMF data files are related to Turbo FloorPlan Pro. The BMF file is a Turbo FloorPlan 3D BMF Data. Turbo FloorPlan Pro is a 3D home design software for Microsoft Windows.
Turbo FloorPlan 3D BMF Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .bmf file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .bmf extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .bmf files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .bmf files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .bmf file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .bmf file
To set the .bmf file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .bmf file association. Many applications can open .bmf files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .bmf file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
bf, bfm, bhf, bjf, bkf, blf, bm, bmb, bmc, bmd, bme, bmg, bmr, bmt, bmv
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .bmf filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .bmf:
- bf Fire Dynamics Simulator Boundary Data
- bf Cryo BF Game Data
- bf libigl Skeletal Data
- bf Beyond Good and Evil Game Archive
- bkf Moto Racer Game Archive
- bmt Alpha Five Image Library
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .bmf page useful, please feel free to link to this page.