BRN file format description
Many people often share .brn files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .brn files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .brn files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .brn files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .brn file format.
6 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.brn - BrainStorm Data
The BRN data files are related to BrainStorm. The BRN file is a BrainStorm Data. BrainStorm is the information management software that accelerates thinking, planning, organizing and writing.
BrainStorm Data related extensions:
- bwl BrainStorm Project
.brn - Personal Brain File
The BRN data files are related to Personal Brain. The BRN file is a Personal Brain File. Personal Brain is a mindmapping software tool for Mac, PC, or Linux.
Personal Brain File related extensions:
- las Lidar Data Exchange Format File
- clr0 Nintendo Wii Color Swapping Animation Data
- wcf WebEx Saved Chat Session
- miaf InstallAware Setup Dialog Rules
- 3dweb pCon.planner 3dWeb Data
- psb Corel Paint Shop Pro Sunburst Preset
.brn - Gabriel Knight Barn Data
The BRN game data files are related to Gabriel Knight. The BRN file is a Gabriel Knight Barn Data. Gabriel Knight is a series of point-and-click adventure games released by Sierra On-Line in the 1990s created by Jane Jensen.
Gabriel Knight Barn Data related extensions:
- cmdl Metroid Prime Model Data
- azp Close Combat Effects Data
- bdl F1 2015 Game Bundle Data
- cre Infinity Engine Creature
- splane Simple Planes Plane Data
- rpack Call of Juarez Game Data
.brn - MegaHAL Brain Data
The BRN data files are related to MegaHAL. The BRN file is a MegaHAL Brain Data. MegaHAL is a computer conversation simulator created by Jason Hutchens.
MegaHAL Brain Data related extensions:
- aux MegaHAL Aux Data
- ban MegaHAL Banned Words List
- grt MegaHAL Greeting Data
- swp MegaHAL Keyword Swap Data
- trn MegaHAL Training Data
.brn - yBook Compiled E-book
The BRN ebook files are related to yBook. The BRN file is a yBook Compiled E-book. YBook is a free text, html, rtf and pdb ebook reader with booklet printing.
yBook Compiled E-book related extensions:
- bfl yBook E-book Data
- ybhtm yBook E-book HTML Document
- ybrar yBook E-book Archive
- ybrtf yBook E-book RTF Document
- ybtxt yBook E-book Text Document
.brn - HTC TouchFlo Animation
The BRN data files are related to HTC TouchFLO. The BRN file is a HTC TouchFLO Animation. TouchFLO is a graphical user interface designed by HTC. The HTC TouchFLO seems to be no longer supported.
HTC TouchFlo Animation related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .brn file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .brn extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .brn files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .brn files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .brn file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .brn file
To set the .brn file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .brn file association. Many applications can open .brn files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .brn file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
bdn, ben, bfn, bgn, bn, bnr, br, brb, brg, brh, brm, btn, frn, grn, rbn
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .brn filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .brn:
- brh Baraha Document
- br Brotli Compressed File
- bn NewsRoom Document
- rbn Richard's Bridge Notation Data
- brm Bryce Plug-in
- brb Bryce Object Export
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .brn page useful, please feel free to link to this page.