BTX file format description
Many people often share .btx files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .btx files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .btx files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .btx files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .btx file format.
5 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.btx - DB/TextWorks Database Term and Word Index
The BTX data files are related to DB/TextWorks. The BTX file is a DB/TextWorks Database Term and Word Index. DB/TextWorks is a popular Windows database management and text retrieval system. The DB/TextWorks seems to be no longer supported.
|Magic:||- / -|
DB/TextWorks Database Term and Word Index related extensions:
- ebabackup EBA Command Center Backup Data
- dbin ACDSee Pro Database
- nb7 NovaBACKUP v8 Backup Data
- adr After Dark Randomizer Data
- usr SmartMusic Custom Data
- lpt PDP-10 Printer Output Data
.btx - SmartWare Textfile Backup
The BTX data files are related to SmartWare. The BTX file is a SmartWare Textfile Backup. SmartWare is a programming platform. SmartWare also includes a word processor, spreadsheet, and communication modules.
SmartWare Textfile Backup related extensions:
- aif SmartWare Executable Program
- bdc SmartWare Word Processor Backup Data
- bdf SmartWare Backup Definition Data
- bfq SmartWare Backup Query Definition
- bfr SmartWare Backup Report Definition
- bfs SmartWare Sort Definition Backup
.btx - SEEDIS Index Data
The BTX data files are related to SEEDIS. The BTX file is a SEEDIS Index Data. SEEDIS is a research and development project on Socio Economic Environmental and Demographic Information System at the Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory. The SEEDIS seems to be no longer supported.
SEEDIS Index Data related extensions:
- pvp Citrix Provisioning Server Properties
- exf EXIF Metadata
- run Runscanner Scan Result
- tpl Act! Template Data
- linf LinF Source Code
- wtx 3DCS Model Data
.bib - BibTeX Document
The BIB document files are related to teTeX. The BIB file is a BibTeX document. BibTeX is reference management software for formatting lists of references. The BibTeX tool is typically used together with the LaTeX document preparation system.
BibTeX Document related extensions:
- aux LaTeX Auxiliary Data
- bbl BibTeX Bibliographic Reference
- bib BibTeX Document
- bst BibTeX Document Style
- cls LaTeX Document Class Data
- dfu LaTeX Font Encoding Data
.bez - Bend-Tech v3 Part File
The BEZ data files are related to Bend-Tech. The BEZ file is a Bend-Tech v3 Part File. Bend-Tech is a series of software products which provide manufacturing instructions for tube, pipe and rod bending.
Bend-Tech v3 Part File related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .btx file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .btx extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .btx files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .btx files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .btx file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .btx file
To set the .btx file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .btx file association. Many applications can open .btx files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .btx file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
bfx, bhx, brx, bt, bta, btc, btd, bts, btz, bx, bxt, ftx, gtx, htx, ntx
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .btx filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .btx:
- ftx Fielded Text Metafile
- tx TX Text Control Data
- bt BTwin Project
- ntx theWord Encrypted New Testament Text Module
- brx BREW Application Resource File
- btz Helix Toolkit Compressed BT Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .btx page useful, please feel free to link to this page.