CAC file format description
Many people often share .cac files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .cac files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .cac files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .cac files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .cac file format.
3 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.cac - DB/TextWorks SQL Access Control File
The CAC configuration files are related to DB/TextWorks. The CAC file is a DB/TextWorks SQL Access Control File. DB/TextWorks is a popular Windows database management and text retrieval system. The DB/TextWorks seems to be no longer supported.
|Magic:||- / -|
DB/TextWorks SQL Access Control File related extensions:
- sxp Xen Configuration File
- xnp Modbus Slave XNC Driver Configuration
- dvv NiceLabel Pro Default Values
- mks MagicKey SmartType Settings Data
- npi Navicat for MySQL Import Wizard Profile
- cron Unraid OS Cron Data
.cac - dBase IV Executable
The CAC application files are related to dBase. The CAC file is a dBase IV Executable. dBase is a widely used database management system (DBMS) for computers.
dBase IV Executable related extensions:
- app dBase Application Generator Object
- bar dBase Application Generator Menu Bar Object
- bch dBASE Batch Process Object
- cat dBase IV Catalog Backup
- cdx dBASE Compound Index
- cod dBase IV Template Source
.cac - RSView Machine Edition Tag Cache
The CAC data files are related to RSView Machine Edition. The CAC file is an RSView Machine Edition Tag Cache. RSView Machine Edition is software for developing and running human-machine interface (HMI) projects.
RSView Machine Edition Tag Cache related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .cac file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .cac extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .cac files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .cac files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .cac file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .cac file
To set the .cac file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .cac file association. Many applications can open .cac files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .cac file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
ac, acc, ca, cad, caf, cas, cav, cax, cc, cca, cwc, cxc, dac, fac, sac
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .cac filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .cac:
- acc GEM Accessory Data
- cas Need for Speed Rivals Game Data
- cc KODAK Camera Color Control Profile
- vac MikuMikuDance Accessory Settings Data
- ac GNU Autoconf Input File
- caf Cathy Catalog Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .cac page useful, please feel free to link to this page.