CAP file format description
Many people often share .cap files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .cap files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .cap files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .cap files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .cap file format.
12 filename extension(s) found in our database.
- JavaCard Converted Applet
- Libpcap Captured Packets
- Capella Music Score
- Pasco Capstone Experiment Data
- Shomiti Surveyor Captured Data
- Code Architect Project
- CaptionMaker Caption Data
- PacketView Pro Captured Packet Data
- Agilent LAN Analyser Capture Data
- Snoop Captured Data
- Construct Project
- Phase One RAW Image
- .cap file related problems
.cap - JavaCard Converted Applet
The CAP archive files are related to Java Card Technology Development Kit. The CAP file is a JavaCard Converted Applet. JavaCard refers to a technology that allows small Java-based applications (applets) to be run securely on smart cards and similar small memory footprint devices.
|Application:||Java Card Technology Development Kit|
|Magic:||- / -|
JavaCard Converted Applet related extensions:
- war Java Web Archive
- paq6 PAQ6 Data Archive
- tini Chrome OS Crostini Backup
- doz Zardoz Archive
- bio BioArc Compressed Archive
- zpw ZippedWeb Archive
.cap - Libpcap Captured Packets
The CAP data files are related to WireShark. The CAP file is a Libpcap Captured Packets. Libpcap support saving captured packets to a file, and reading files containing saved packets. Applications can be written, using libpcap or WinPcap, to be able to capture network traffic and analyze it, or to read a saved capture and analyze it, using the same analysis code.
Libpcap Captured Packets related extensions:
- mplog Wireshark Micropross Mplog
- pcapng PCAP Next Generation Dump Data
- pklg Wireshark Packetlogger Data
- tpc WildPackets Captured Data
- trace Wireshark Trace Data
.cap - Capella Music Score
The CAP document files are related to Capella. The CAP file is a Capella Music Score. Capella is a music notation program or Scorewriter developed by the German company Capella Software AG.
Capella Music Score related extensions:
.cap - Pasco Capstone Experiment Data
The CAP data files are related to Pasco Capstone. The CAP file is a Pasco Capstone Experiment Data. Pasco Capstone is a data acquisition, visualization, and analysis program designed for science education.
Pasco Capstone Experiment Data related extensions:
- prerm Debian Package Pre-removal Script
- tlb Portfolio Automation Interface Data
- refx E-Sword Reference Library Note Data
- wwi WinWein Interchange Format Data
- hnf HUMAX Receiver Settings Data
- thumbnail Android Thumbnail Cache Data
.cap - Shomiti Surveyor Captured Data
The CAP data files are related to Shomiti Surveyor. The CAP file is a Shomiti Surveyor Captured Data. Shomiti Surveyor is a network analysis software from Shomiti Systems. The Shomiti Surveyor seems to be no longer supported.
Shomiti Surveyor Captured Data related extensions:
- ged Micrografx Simply 3D Geometry Data
- crs Document Conversion Resource
- ven Venable Stability Analysis Software Data
- rte MicroSim PCBoard Routes Data
- nnl Network Notepad Professional License
- acm Adobe Photoshop Command Button
.cap - Code Architect Project
The CAP project files are related to Code Architect. The CAP file is a Code Architect Project. Code Architect is a Web and PC based software tool that allows source code to be quickly and easily generated for Philips Microcontrollers.
Code Architect Project related extensions:
- uvproj µVision v4 Project
- eox EON Studio Project
- mpa Mitsubishi E-Designer Project
- prh ColdFusion Studio Project
- ircp Adobe SpeedGrade Project
- psproj The Print Shop Project
.cap - CaptionMaker Caption Data
The CAP data files are related to CaptionMaker. The CAP file is a CaptionMaker Caption Data. CaptionMaker is a program that is used to create captions and subtitles for videos.
CaptionMaker Caption Data related extensions:
- apdv Analyte Point Data File Format Data
- sgdct Case CATalyst Dictionary Data
- ed2 CHARMM ED2 Data
- dvdfab5 DVDFab Data
- s4mi Motorola Skin Editor Data
- bfmv BfMeshView Workspace Data
.cap - PacketView Pro Captured Packet Data
The CAP data files are related to PacketView Pro. The CAP file is a PacketView Pro Captured Packet Data. PacketView Pro is a network protocol analyzer for Windows 2000/XP based computers. The PacketView Pro seems to be no longer supported.
PacketView Pro Captured Packet Data related extensions:
- dblib Altium Designer Database Library
- upr FileMaker Pro User Dictionary
- syn COREX Syntactic Annotation Data
- go! Go!Zilla Unfinished Download Data
- savedsearch Mac OS X Spotlight Saved Search
- ccf Cryptload Container Format File
.cap - Agilent LAN Analyser Capture Data
The CAP data files are related to Agilent LAN Analyser. The CAP file is an Agilent LAN Analyser Capture Data. Agilent LAN Analyser is a network analyzer tool.
Agilent LAN Analyser Capture Data related extensions:
- cfv CFView Data
- sb ParFlow Simple Binary Data
- mpb My Phone Explorer Data
- drf Dynojet Run Data
- cut BPM Studio Cue Points Data
- ofp Origin Function Plot Theme Data
.cap - Snoop Captured Data
The CAP data files are related to Solaris. The CAP file is a Snoop Captured Data. Snoop is a flexible command line packet analyzer included as part of Sun Microsystems' Solaris operating system.
Snoop Captured Data related extensions:
- snoop Snoop Verbose Trace File
.cap - Construct Project
The CAP project files are related to Construct. The CAP file is a Construct Project. Construct is a game engine you can use entirely in your web browser to make games without coding.
Construct Project related extensions:
- capx Construct Compressed Project
.iiq - Phase One RAW Image
The IIQ graphic files are related to Capture One Express. The IIQ file is a Phase One RAW Image. An IIQ raw image file contains minimally processed data from the image sensor of a Phase One digital camera.
Phase One RAW Image related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .cap file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .cap extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .cap files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .cap files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .cap file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .cap file
To set the .cap file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .cap file association. Many applications can open .cap files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .cap file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
acp, ap, ca, cal, cao, cp, cpa, cqp, cwp, cxp, czp, dap, fap, sap, vap
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .cap filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .cap:
- ca OpenSSL Certificate Authority Data
- cp Adobe Captivate Project
- dap Download Accelerator Plus Partial Data
- cal HP PhotoSmart 850 Camera Firmware
- ap WebSuite Active Page
- cal SuperCalc WorkSheet
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .cap page useful, please feel free to link to this page.