CAT file format description
Many people often share .cat files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .cat files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .cat files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .cat files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .cat file format.
15 filename extension(s) found in our database.
- Quicken IntelliCharge Categorization
- TINA Pro Catalog
- Microsoft Windows Security Catalog
- Concordance Database Concatenation Data
- Advanced Disk Catalog Database
- IBM Rational Rose Logical Package
- CircuitCAM Design Template
- IBM Cognos Impromptu Database Report
- ArcSoft PhotoStudio CAT Data
- dBase IV Catalog Backup
- ESO-MIDAS Catalog Data
- TablEdit Chord Catalog
- Fallout 3 CAT Data
- Catz Game Data
- MacImage Hybrid CD-ROM Image
- .cat file related problems
.cat - Quicken IntelliCharge Categorization
The CAT data files are related to Intuit Quicken. CAT is an Intuit Quicken IntelliCharge Categorization data. Quicken is a personal finance management tool, with a vast array of features.
|Magic:||- / -|
Quicken IntelliCharge Categorization related extensions:
- lsim LogicSim Circuit
- ncer Nitro Cell Resource
- ccf Cryptload Container Format File
- red CARE-S InfoWorks Rainfall Data
- bt Binary Terrain Data
- ton FMS32 Protocol Data
.cat - TINA Pro Catalog
The CAT data files are related to TINA. The CAT file is a TINA Pro Catalog. TINA is a circuit simulation and PCB design software package for analyzing, designing, and real time testing of analog, digital, VHDL, MCU, and mixed electronic circuits and their PCB layouts, it is made by Designsoft. CAT files contain the built-in TINA components and the built-in semiconductor catalogs.
TINA Pro Catalog related extensions:
- cpl TINA Complex Parameter List
- ddb TINA Shape Library Database
- exa TINA Task List
- ind TINA Library Index
- ipr TINA Interpreter File
- lib TINA Library
.cat - Microsoft Windows Security Catalog
The CAT other files are related to Microsoft Windows Update. The CAT file is a Microsoft Windows Security Catalog. The security catalog contains the cryptographic hashes of all files included in the troubleshooting pack.
Microsoft Windows Security Catalog related extensions:
- !qb qBittorrent Partial Download
- pn3 Harvard Graphics 3.0 Printer Driver
- wbs Winbot Script
- eob IBM Content Engine Bulk Import Batch
- zl3 ZoneAlarm MailSafe Renamed BAT File
- twx IBM Business Process Manager Application
.cat - Concordance Database Concatenation Data
The CAT data files are related to Concordance. The CAT file is a Concordance Database Concatenation Data. Concordance is an electronic discovery, litigation document management, and litigation support tool.
Concordance Database Concatenation Data related extensions:
- cib Concordance Imagebase File
- cpl Concordance Desktop Programming Language Script
- cpt Concordance Compiled CPT Script
- dcb Concordance Database
- dct Concordance Dictionary Database
- dnl Concordance Database
.cat - Advanced Disk Catalog Database
The CAT data files are related to Advanced Disk Catalog Database. The CAT file is an Advanced Disk Catalog Database. Advanced Disk Catalog is an easy-to-use cataloguing program for Microsoft Windows 9x/ME/NT/2K/XP and 2003. The Advanced Disk Catalog Database seems to be no longer supported.
Advanced Disk Catalog Database related extensions:
- hin WRAP HYD Input Data
- rvw ReviewMate Review Data
- lic Metrel ES Manager License Data
- faf Find Any File Data
- dro D-Robots Robot Data
- skr Gaussian Scratch File
.cat - IBM Rational Rose Logical Package
The CAT data files are related to IBM Rational Rose. The CAT file is an IBM Rational Rose Logical Package. The IBM Rational Rose is a visual modeling tool for software development using UML.
IBM Rational Rose Logical Package related extensions:
- fphtml Microsoft Frontpage HTML Data
- xys XYplorer Script
- rqx RiALITY Quick Exchange Data
- icloud iCloud Drive Temporary File
- tgp FM-ONE Target Protocol Data
- dmv Adobe Acrobat Parsing Rules
.cat - CircuitCAM Design Template
The CAT data files are related to CircuitCAM. The CAT file is a CircuitCAM Design Template. CircuitCAM is a Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) system for Printed Circuit Boards (PCB).
CircuitCAM Design Template related extensions:
- cam CircuitCAM Design
- cam-ft CircuitCAM Footpring Library
- cam-gmc CircuitCAM GMC Library
- cam-pkg CircuitCAM Design Package
- cpf CircuitCAM Manufacturing Process Definition Data
.cat - IBM Cognos Impromptu Database Report
The CAT data files are related to Cognos Impromptu. The CAT file is an IBM Cognos Impromptu Database Report. IBM Cognos Impromptu is a financial analysis tool.
IBM Cognos Impromptu Database Report related extensions:
- hdo Snapform Designer Field Layer Data
- fdc Autodesk AutoCAD Fields Description
- cml Filetopia Collection Manager List
- olk14rule Microsoft Office Outlook for Mac Rule Data
- cl Carlson Survey Centerline File
- tdr Medlin Payroll Software Tax Deposit Record
.cat - ArcSoft PhotoStudio CAT Data
The CAT data files are related to ArcSoft PhotoStudio. The CAT file is an ArcSoft PhotoStudio CAT Data. ArcSoft PhotoStudio is a photo editing application featuring an array of advanced tools.
ArcSoft PhotoStudio CAT Data related extensions:
- sfd-hdstx Hydrostatix Master Suite Data
- eab Sybase PowerDesigner Enterprise Architecture Model Backup
- mvs Musicmatch Jukebox Visualization Data
- ftw FontTwister Saved Text Effect
- wrl PTC Creo Assembly VRML Export Data
- 82d TI-82 Calculator Troubleshoot Data
.cat - dBase IV Catalog Backup
The CAT data files are related to dBase. The CAT file is a dBase IV Catalog Backup. dBase is a widely used database management system (DBMS) for computers.
dBase IV Catalog Backup related extensions:
- app dBase Application Generator Object
- bar dBase Application Generator Menu Bar Object
- bch dBASE Batch Process Object
- cac dBase IV Executable
- cdx dBASE Compound Index
- cod dBase IV Template Source
.cat - ESO-MIDAS Catalog Data
The CAT data files are related to ESO-MIDAS. The CAT file is an ESO-MIDAS Catalog Data. The ESO-MIDAS system provides general tools for image processing and data reduction with emphasis on astronomical applications including imaging and special reduction packages for ESO instrumentation at La Silla and the VLT at Paranal.
ESO-MIDAS Catalog Data related extensions:
- bdf ESO-MIDAS BDF Disk Image
- fit ESO-MIDAS FIT Data
- hlc ESO-MIDAS Help Command Data
- hlq ESO-MIDAS Help Data
- hlz ESO-MIDAS Help ASCII Data
- tbl ESO-MIDAS Table Data
.cat - TablEdit Chord Catalog
The CAT document files are related to TablEdit. The CAT file is a TablEdit Chord Catalog. TablEdit is a program for creating, editing, printing and listening to tablature and sheet music for guitar and other fretted, stringed instruments, including mandolin, bass and banjo.
TablEdit Chord Catalog related extensions:
- tef TablEdit Tablature
.cat - Fallout 3 CAT Data
The CAT game data files are related to Fallout 3. The CAT file is a Fallout 3 CAT Data. Fallout 3 is a post apocalyptic sci-fi action role-playing open world video game developed by Bethesda Game Studios.
Fallout 3 CAT Data related extensions:
- jhh Tetris Online Poland Game Data
- ung Unigine Game Engine Data
- age3yrec Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties Recording Data
- kld Dungeon Keeper 2 Map Data
- mbw Mine Blocks World Data
- vhc Big Red Racing Vehicle Data
.cat - Catz Game Data
The CAT game data files are related to Catz. The CAT file is a Catz Game Data. Petz (Dogz and Catz) is a series of single-player video games dating back to 1995, in which the player can adopt, raise, care for and breed their own virtual pets.
Catz Game Data related extensions:
- toy Catz and Dogz Game Data
.cat - MacImage Hybrid CD-ROM Image
The CAT disk image files are related to MacImage. The CAT file is a MacImage Hybrid CD-ROM Image. MacImage is an utility to produce hybrid Macintosh/PC (HFS/ISO 9660) CD-ROMs and DVD-ROMs on a PC.
MacImage Hybrid CD-ROM Image related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .cat file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .cat extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .cat files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .cat files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .cat file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .cat file
To set the .cat file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .cat file association. Many applications can open .cat files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .cat file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
act, at, ca, caf, cag, cah, car, cqt, ct, cta, cwt, cxt, dat, fat, sat
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .cat filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .cat:
- car Gary Gadget Car Data
- cxt Adobe Director Protected Cast
- dat Windows Registry Hive Data
- ct Scitex Continuous Tone
- act Microsoft Office Assistant Actor
- ca DATAIR FlexPlus Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .cat page useful, please feel free to link to this page.