CEX file format description
Many people often share .cex files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .cex files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .cex files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .cex files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .cex file format.
3 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.cex - SolidWorks Enterprise PDM Exported Vault Settings
The CEX data files are related to SolidWorks. The CEX file is a SolidWorks Enterprise PDM Exported Vault Settings. SolidWorks is a 3D mechanical CAD (computer-aided design) program that runs on Microsoft Windows and was developed by SolidWorks Corporation.
SolidWorks Enterprise PDM Exported Vault Settings related extensions:
- asmdot SolidWorks Assembly Template
- asmprp SolidWorks Assembly Properties Template
- btl SolidWorks Sheet Metal Bend Table
- cog SolidWorks Enterprise PDM Copied Log
- drwdot SolidWorks Drawing Template
- drwprp SolidWorks Drawing Properties Template
.cex - ThumbsPlus Image Data
The CEX graphic files are related to ThumbsPlus. The CEX file is a ThumbsPlus Image Data. ThumbsPlus is a digital image browser, thumbnail-creator and editor.
ThumbsPlus Image Data related extensions:
- 255 ThumbsPlus Data
- pmp ThumbsPlus Graphics Data
- tpb ThumbsPlus v7 Batch Script
- tpdb8 ThumbsPlus v8 Thumbnail Database
- tpdb8s ThumbsPlus JET Database
- tpp ThumbsPlus Plugin
.cex - CLAN Output Data
The CEX data files are related to CLAN. The CEX file is a CLAN Output Data. CLAN (Computerized Language ANalysis) is designed specifically to analyze data transcribed in the CHAT format.
CLAN Output Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .cex file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .cex extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .cex files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .cex files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .cex file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .cex file
To set the .cex file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .cex file association. Many applications can open .cex files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .cex file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
cdx, ce, cea, cec, ced, cez, cfx, crx, csx, cwx, cx, cxe, dex, ecx, ex
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .cex filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .cex:
- cez Prosurv cEZ Job File
- ex Euphoria Source Code
- cea Compressed ENVIS Archive
- cx Codemapper Script
- cdx Alpha Five Table Index
- cfx Movie Edit Pro FX Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .cex page useful, please feel free to link to this page.