CFS file format description
Many people often share .cfs files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .cfs files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .cfs files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .cfs files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .cfs file format.
6 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.cfs - Compact File Set
The CFS archive files are related to PT ISO Tool. The CFS file is a Compact File Set archive. Compact File Set (CFS) is an open archive file format and software distribution container file format. Basic CFS files are compatible with ISO files, and can be read by many existing applications and systems.
|Application:||PT ISO Tool|
|Magic:||- / -|
Compact File Set related extensions:
- zap FileWrangler Archive
- fea FilZip Encrypted Archive
- ts3_iconpack TeamSpeak 3 Icon Package
- zsplit Incredible Bee Archiver ZipSplit File
- icap Adobe InCopy CS4 Package
- hyp Hyper Compressed Archive
.cfs - Lucene Single Compound File
The CFS data files are related to Apache Lucene. The CFS file is a Lucene Single Compound File. Apache Lucene is a free/open source information retrieval software library, originally created in Java by Doug Cutting.
Lucene Single Compound File related extensions:
- 8xv TI-83/84 Plus Variable Data
- tex Paint Shop Pro Texture Data
- cdf-ms ClickOnce Compiled Manifest
- esq 3D Embroidery Sequence Data
- cmac CICS CMAC Messages Data Set
- ilabel iData 3 Template Label Data
.cfs - Altair FEKO CADFEKO Workspace Data
The CFS data files are related to Altair FEKO. The CFS file is an Altair FEKO CADFEKO Workspace Data. Altair Feko is a comprehensive computational electromagnetics (CEM) code used widely in the telecommunications, automobile, space and defense industries.
Altair FEKO CADFEKO Workspace Data related extensions:
- cf10 IRIG 106 Original Recording Data
- sbk Superbase Key Definitions Data
- sim Intel VTune Performance Monitor Simulation Data
- pjv Velocity User Selections Data
- ax Opera AX Data
- mefp ExerciseRT Sample Data Record
.cfs - Zaplots CFS Console Data
The CFS data files are related to Zaplots CFS Console. The CFS file is a Zaplots CFS Console Data. CFS Console is a console utility used for installing programs developed by Zaplots Games. The Zaplots CFS Console seems to be no longer supported.
Zaplots CFS Console Data related extensions:
- scr Movie Master Screenplay Data
- sem3d SEMulator3D Model Data
- surf V_sim Surface Data
- vault Fontcase Vault File
- fnet FileMaker Pro Network Data
- h Miranda IM SmileyAdd Plugin
.cfs - INMOS Toolset Configuration Data
The CFS development files are related to INMOS Software Toolset. The CFS file is an INMOS Toolset Configuration Data. Inmos was a British semiconductor company which made a series of CPUs it called Transputers. The INMOS Software Toolset seems to be no longer supported.
INMOS Toolset Configuration Data related extensions:
- p ReaGeniX Code Generator Application Parameter
- vspx Visual Studio Profiling Report Data
- wfm dBASE IV Form Data
- mmt Oracle Forms Menu Module Text
- cer Lahey Fortran Compilation Error Data
- obh Hitachi Ladder Editor Object Program
.cfs - ChatFactory Script
The CFS data files are related to ChatFactory. The CFS file is a ChatFactory Script. ChatFactory was an IRC client software for Microsoft Windows. The ChatFactory seems to be no longer supported.
ChatFactory Script related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .cfs file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .cfs extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .cfs files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .cfs files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .cfs file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .cfs file
To set the .cfs file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .cfs file association. Many applications can open .cfs files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .cfs file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
cbs, ccs, cds, cf, cf5, cfc, cfe, cfw, cfx, cfz, cgs, crs, cs, csf, cts
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .cfs filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .cfs:
- vfs Virtual File System Index
- vfs VentaFax Schedule Data
- xfs eRacer Sound
- cbs Cardbox Macro Script
- cfx Picasa Collage Data
- cs ColorSchemer Studio Color Scheme
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .cfs page useful, please feel free to link to this page.