CHK file format description
Many people often share .chk files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .chk files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .chk files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .chk files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .chk file format.
11 filename extension(s) found in our database.
- Saved File Fragment
- Epidata Defined Checks
- DB/TextWorks Check Textbase Problem Report
- Gaussian Checkpoint File
- SSConvert Video Subtitle Data
- Sophos Anti-Virus Intercheck Data
- NVU CHK Data
- Polyspace Check Results Data
- StarCraft Chunk Data
- TomTom Navigator Voices Archive
- 3D Movie Maker Interface Data
- .chk file related problems
.chk - Saved File Fragment
The CHK data files are related to Windows Check Disk Utility. The CHK file is a Saved File Fragment. It is made up of unreadable, damaged data found on the hard drive. The Windows Check Disk Utility seems to be no longer supported.
|Application:||Windows Check Disk Utility|
|Magic:||- / -|
Saved File Fragment related extensions:
- lpx LaTeXPiX Script
- tts TrueTime Session Data
- msk Affymetrix Mask File
- wbd WinBreadboard Circuit
- scrate Serato DJ Smart Crate Data
- npimg Newspilot Image Data
.chk - Epidata Defined Checks
The CHK data files are related to Epidata. The CHK file is an Epidata Defined Checks. EpiData refers to a group of applications used in combination for creating documented data structures and analysis of quantitative data.
Epidata Defined Checks related extensions:
.chk - DB/TextWorks Check Textbase Problem Report
The CHK data files are related to DB/TextWorks. The CHK file is a DB/TextWorks Check Textbase Problem Report. DB/TextWorks is a popular Windows database management and text retrieval system. The DB/TextWorks seems to be no longer supported.
DB/TextWorks Check Textbase Problem Report related extensions:
- loc4 4D Database for Mac Client Local Data
- axdt ANSYS External Data
- siard SIARD Database Archive
- booktemplate BookSmart Book Template
- mmysyscache Milennial Media Ad Cache
- xtpl XER Manager Template
.chk - Gaussian Checkpoint File
The CHK data files are related to Gaussian. The CHK file is a Gaussian Checkpoint File. Gaussian provides state-of-the-art capabilities for electronic structure modeling.
Gaussian Checkpoint File related extensions:
- cube Gaussian Cube Data
- d2e Gaussian Two-Electron Integral Derivative File
- fch Gaussian Formatted Checkpoint File
- g94 Gaussian 94 Data
- gau Gaussian Input Data
- gjf Gaussian Input Data
.chk - SSConvert Video Subtitle Data
The CHK video files are related to SSConvert. The CHK file is an SSConvert Video Subtitle Data. SSConvert is a subtitle processing software developed by Telestream.
SSConvert Video Subtitle Data related extensions:
- cmrec Camtasia Studio v8.3 Recording
- m1pg Media 100 iFinish Video Clip
- dvm DVM Video
- av3 Panasonic Arbitrator Video Data
- avf Avermedia Recorded Video Backup
- stl EBU-STL Standard Subtitle File
.chk - Sophos Anti-Virus Intercheck Data
The CHK data files are related to Sophos Anti-Virus. The CHK file is a Sophos Anti-Virus Intercheck Data. Sophos Anti-Virus is a security program designed to protect computers against virus and malware.
Sophos Anti-Virus Intercheck Data related extensions:
- tpn Agilent N9342C Task Plan Data
- xvas eXtendable Wad Editor XVAS Data
- swf Sidewinder Profile Activator Data
- lae IBM Cognos Local Authentication Export
- 85y TI-85 Calculator Equation Data
- mat Animation Master Material Data
.chk - NVU CHK Data
The CHK data files are related to NVU. The CHK file is an NVU CHK Data. NVU is a complete Web Authoring System for Linux Desktop, Microsoft Windows and Macintosh users.
NVU CHK Data related extensions:
- aff NVU AFF Data
.chk - Polyspace Check Results Data
The CHK data files are related to Polyspace. The CHK file is a Polyspace Check Results Data. Polyspace is a static code analysis tool for large-scale analysis by abstract interpretation to detect, or prove the absence of, certain run-time errors in source code for the C, C++, and Ada programming languages.
Polyspace Check Results Data related extensions:
- ci Polyspace Preprocessed Code Data
- psbf Polyspace Results Data
- pscp Polyspace Code Prover Results Data
- psprj Polyspace Project
.chk - StarCraft Chunk Data
The CHK game data files are related to StarCraft. The CHK file is a StarCraft Chunk Data. StarCraft is a 1998 military science fiction real-time strategy game published by Blizzard Entertainment.
StarCraft Chunk Data related extensions:
- cpg StarCraft Campaign Data
- grp StarCraft Graphics Group Data
- index StarCraft Index Data
- mlx Starcraft Saved Game
- rep StarCraft Game Replay
- scm StarCraft Map
.chk - TomTom Navigator Voices Archive
The CHK archive files are related to TomTom Navigator. The CHK file is a TomTom Navigator Voices Archive. TomTom is a full navigation product designed for use with a Pocket PC or Windows Mobile phones.
TomTom Navigator Voices Archive related extensions:
- smem Samsung Smart Switch Message Data
- fcxe FileCapsule Deluxe Encoded Archive
- cod BlackBerry COD Archive
- mabk Lenovo MOTO Smart Assistant Backup Data
- nbp ArcSoft Totalmedia Backup Archive
- bkz TeKton3D Project Archive Backup
.chk - 3D Movie Maker Interface Data
The CHK data files are related to 3D Movie Maker. The CHK file is a 3D Movie Maker Interface Data. 3D Movie Maker is a program created by Microsoft's "Microsoft Kids" subsidiary in 1995. The 3D Movie Maker seems to be no longer supported.
3D Movie Maker Interface Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .chk file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .chk extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .chk files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .chk files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .chk file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .chk file
To set the .chk file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .chk file association. Many applications can open .chk files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .chk file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
cbk, cgk, ch, chj, chl, chm, cho, chu, cjk, ck, cmk, cnk, ctk, hck, hk
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .chk filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .chk:
- chu Infinity Engine 1.0 User Interface Description
- cbk Delphi Temporary Backup
- chm ChemDraw Chemical Structure
- ch Scitex Continuous Tone
- chl WinFast PVR Channel List
- ctk TeKton3D Project
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .chk page useful, please feel free to link to this page.