CIM file format description
Many people often share .cim files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .cim files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .cim files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .cim files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .cim file format.
3 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.cim - Cimplicity HMI Screen
The CIM data files are related to CIMPLICITY HMI. The CIM file is a Cimplicity HMI Screen. CIMPLICITY HMI is a client/server based visualization and control solution that provides process visualization, data acquisition and supervisory control over manufacturing and process environments.
|Magic:||- / -|
Cimplicity HMI Screen related extensions:
- rzlayer YouTube Movie Maker Layer Data
- 4cm ClickMouse Macro Set
- tsk TTPod Skin
- irl AMX IR File
- bof Altair FEKO POSTFEKO Binary Output Data
- xule XBRL Rules Data
.cim - CimPack Design Drawing
The CIM document files are related to CimPACK. The CIM file is a CimPACK Design Drawing. CimPACK is a program that offers complete packaging and diemaking solutions.
CimPack Design Drawing related extensions:
- emcam Mastercam HLE Document
- pat MultiMate Pattern Data
- brt Photo Builder Template
- xyd XYPad Drawing Document
- gform Google Drive Form
- dip DipTrace PCB Document
.cim - SimCity 2000 Game Data
The CIM game data files are related to SimCity 2000. The CIM file is a SimCity 2000 Game Data. SimCity 2000 is a city-building simulation video game developed by Maxis.
SimCity 2000 Game Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .cim file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .cim extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .cim files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .cim files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .cim file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .cim file
To set the .cim file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .cim file association. Many applications can open .cim files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .cim file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
ci, cih, cik, cil, cin, ckm, clm, cm, cmi, com, dim, fim, icm, im, sim
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .cim filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .cim:
- com Windows Command File
- ci CitectSCADA Data
- clm GenePattern CEL Descriptor
- fim Fractal Imaginator Data
- vim Vim Script
- cin OS/2 Warp Change Control Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .cim page useful, please feel free to link to this page.