CKP file format description
Many people often share .ckp files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .ckp files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .ckp files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .ckp files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .ckp file format.
4 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.ckp - PSI-BLAST Checkpoint Profile Data
The CKP data files are related to PSI-BLAST. The CKP file is a PSI-BLAST Checkpoint Profile Data. PSI-BLAST is a widely-used extension to BLAST that permits iterative searching, and is particularly good at finding distant relationships.
PSI-BLAST Checkpoint Profile Data related extensions:
- cks PSI-BLAST Checkpoint Sequence Data
.ckp - Microsoft SQL Server Checkpoint Data
The CKP development files are related to Microsoft SQL Server. The CKP file is a Microsoft SQL Server Checkpoint Data. Microsoft SQL Server is a relational database management system developed by Microsoft. The SQL Server Semantic Model Definition Language (SMDL) is a file type that is used to represent the metadata for defining a semantic model.
Microsoft SQL Server Checkpoint Data related extensions:
- cco CodeCheck Object File
- dbi Data Explorer Information
- beta BETA Source Code
- pbxuser Xcode Project User Data
- dbf Alpha Five Table Data
- yo Y86 Assembler Object
.ckp - Certainkey Valise Light Archive
The CKP archive files are related to Certainkey Valise Light. The CKP file is a Certainkey Valise Light Archive. Valise Light is a free software to compress and decompress files. The Certainkey Valise Light seems to be no longer supported.
Certainkey Valise Light Archive related extensions:
- sb Slax Bundle
- inspxez Intel Inspector Exported Archive
- lks Liberkey Installation Package
- opx Origin v8 Package File
- efs Kryptel Filesets File
- egg ALZip Archive
.ckp - Ingres Database Checkpoint Data
The CKP data files are related to Ingres. The CKP file is an Ingres Database Checkpoint Data. Ingres is a cross-platform, open-source database management system.
Ingres Database Checkpoint Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .ckp file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .ckp extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .ckp files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .ckp files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .ckp file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .ckp file
To set the .ckp file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .ckp file association. Many applications can open .ckp files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .ckp file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
ck, ckl, cko, clp, cmp, cop, cp, cpk, cup, dkp, kcp, kp, skp, vkp, xkp
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .ckp filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .ckp:
- cko ChessBase Key Openings
- cmp SimCreator Script
- cup Roland Garros Tennis Terrain Data
- cmp Heliosoft Seismaster Colormap File
- cp Xcode C++ Source Code
- clp GoDot Image
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .ckp page useful, please feel free to link to this page.