CL file format description
Many people often share .cl files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .cl files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .cl files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .cl files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .cl file format.
6 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.cl - OpenCL Kernel
The CL development files are related to AMD APP SDK. The CL file is an OpenCL Kernel. Open Computing Language (OpenCL) is a framework for writing programs that execute across heterogeneous platforms consisting of central processing units (CPUs), graphics processing units (GPUs), digital signal processors (DSPs) and other processors.
|Application:||AMD APP SDK|
|Magic:||- / -|
OpenCL Kernel related extensions:
- pyon Python Object Notation Data
- tzo Turbulenz Object
- m Mercury Source Code
- dtml Zope DTML File
- cpf Cab Provisioning Format
- lkr MPLAB Linker Data
.cl - Carlson Survey Centerline File
The CL data files are related to Carlson Survey. The CL file is a Carlson Survey Centerline File. Carlson Survey is a complete land surveying program build on the AutoCAD engine.
Carlson Survey Centerline File related extensions:
- tdr Medlin Payroll Software Tax Deposit Record
- exd JSDAI Express Dictionary Data
- chk Sophos Anti-Virus Intercheck Data
- tpn Agilent N9342C Task Plan Data
- xvas eXtendable Wad Editor XVAS Data
- swf Sidewinder Profile Activator Data
.cl - IconUtils Cursor Library
The CL data files are related to IconUtils. The CL file is an IconUtils Cursor Library. IconUtils is a tool to create icons and cursors and manage icon and cursor collections.
IconUtils Cursor Library related extensions:
.cl - CLwin Project
The CL project files are related to CLwin. The CL file is a CLwin Project. CLwin is a Spanish program used to design air condition and ventilation systems.
CLwin Project related extensions:
- btk CLwin Tekton Database
.cl - QIP Contact List Data
The CL data files are related to QIP. The CL file is a QIP Contact List Data. QIP (Quiet Internet Pager) is a multiprotocol instant messaging client.
QIP Contact List Data related extensions:
- clg QIP Ignored Contact List Data
- cli QIP Contact List Invisible Data
- clv QIP Contact List Visible Data
- nil QIP NIL Data
- qhf QIP Saved History Data
.lsp - Lisp Source Code
The LSP development files are related to GNU Common Lisp. The LSP file is a Lisp Source Code. Lisp is a family of computer programming languages with a long history and a distinctive, fully parenthesized syntax.
Lisp Source Code related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .cl file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .cl extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .cl files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .cl files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .cl file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .cl file
To set the .cl file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .cl file association. Many applications can open .cl files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .cl file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
c1, ci, ck, cm, co, cp, dl, fl, lc, sl, vl, xl
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .cl filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .cl:
- dl Zoo Tycoon 2 Game Data
- cp Adobe Captivate Project
- vl Citrix Program Neighborhood Database File
- ck ChucK Source Code
- sl RenderMan Shader Source
- fl DRM Forward Lock
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .cl page useful, please feel free to link to this page.