CMF file format description
Many people often share .cmf files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .cmf files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .cmf files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .cmf files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .cmf file format.
9 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.cmf - Creative Labs Music File
The CMF audio files are related to Awave Studio. The CMF file is a Creative Labs Music file. The CMF file format consists of 3 blocks: the header block, the instrument block and the music block.
|Magic:||- / -|
Creative Labs Music File related extensions:
- dtm Digitrakker Music Module
- iti Impulse Tracker Instrument
- record DaveTech GarageBand Records Audio
- txw Yamaha TX16W Audio
- psi Psion A-law Audio
- smf1 Standard Midifile Type 1
.cmf - CIFMIF File
The CMF data files are related to ConQuest. The CMF file is a CIFMIF File. CIFMIF is an output format option for structure data from the CSD. This format combines CIF crystallographic data names with chemical data names from the Molecular Information File (MIF).
CIFMIF File related extensions:
.cmf - PBD-14 CMF Data
The CMF data files are related to PBD-14. The CMF file is a PBD-14 CMF Data. Propeller Blade Design (PBD-14) is a propeller lifting-surface design and analysis program developed by Justin E. Kerwin. The PBD-14 seems to be no longer supported.
PBD-14 CMF Data related extensions:
.cmf - SoundFX Macs Opera Tracker Music
The CMF audio files are related to AdPlug. The CMF file is a SoundFX Macs Opera Tracker Music. SoundFX Macs Opera is an MS-DOS music tracker for Adlib soundcards by Arndt Hasch.
SoundFX Macs Opera Tracker Music related extensions:
- adl Westwood ADL Format Audio
- amd AMUSIC Adlib Tracker Music
- cym AdPlug Callus YM2151 Register Log
- d00 OPL2 FM Audio
- dmo Twin TrackPlayer Music
- dtm DeFy Adlib Tracker Music
.cmf - HP Connected Backup Data
The CMF archive files are related to HP Connected Backup. The CMF file is a HP Connected Backup Data. HP Connected Backup is a backup and restore application.
HP Connected Backup Data related extensions:
- fbu FEBE Firefox Backup
- cptheme cPanel Theme Package
- ecar EkStep Content Archive
- apex Android Pony EXpress Package
- caa CleanApp Archive
- ob ABF Outlook Backup Archive
.cmf - Cal3D Binary Mesh Data
The CMF data files are related to Cal3D. The CMF file is a Cal3D Binary Mesh Data. Cal3D is a skeletal animation based 3D character animation library written in C++ in a platform-/graphic API-independent way.
Cal3D Binary Mesh Data related extensions:
- caf Cal3D Binary Animation
- cal3d Cal3D Data
- cfg Cal3D Model Configuration Data
- crf Cal3D Binary Materials Data
- csf Cal3D Binary Skeleton Data
- xaf Cal3D XML Animation
.cmf - CorelDraw Metafile
The CMF data files are related to CorelDRAW. The CMF file is a CorelDraw Metafile. CorelDRAW is a vector graphics editor developed and marketed by Corel Corporation.
CorelDraw Metafile related extensions:
- abk CorelDraw AutoBackup
- acl CorelDRAW Keyboard Accelerator File
- bpt CorelDraw Bitmap Master Data
- cck CorelDraw Clipart Data
- ccx CorelDraw Clipart Data
- cdr CorelDraw Drawing
.cmf - CaseMap File Viewer Definition
The CMF data files are related to CaseMap. The CMF file is a CaseMap File Viewer Definition. CaseMap is a fact management database application used to manage, organize and connect case.
CaseMap File Viewer Definition related extensions:
- cm1 CaseMap 1 Data
- cm10 CaseMap 10 Data
- cm3 CaseMap 3 Data
- cm4 CaseMap 4 Data
- cm6 CaseMap 6 Data
- cm7 CaseMap 7 Data
.cmf - Microsoft MapPoint 2006 Map
The CMF data files are related to Microsoft MapPoint. The CMF file is a Microsoft MapPoint 2006 Map. MapPoint is a business mapping software that integrates with Microsoft Office to help organizations track their business opportunities. Mappoint is a basic mapping program with some data-plotting features.
Microsoft MapPoint 2006 Map related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .cmf file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .cmf extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .cmf files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .cmf files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .cmf file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .cmf file
To set the .cmf file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .cmf file association. Many applications can open .cmf files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .cmf file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
cf, cfm, chf, ckf, clf, cm, cmb, cmc, cmd, cme, cmg, cmr, cmt, cmv, cnf
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .cmf filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .cmf:
- cfm Visual dBASE Customer Form Data
- cmd Windows Command File
- cmt E-Sword v8 Commentary Data
- fmf FME Desktop Metafile
- mf Zemax Merit Function Data
- xmf GameJack Disk Image Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .cmf page useful, please feel free to link to this page.