CMS file format description
Many people often share .cms files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .cms files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .cms files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .cms files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .cms file format.
8 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.cms - Connection Manager Service Provider Data
The CMS configuration files are related to Windows Connection Manager Administration Kit. The CMS file is a Connection Manager Service Provider Data. Using the CMAK wizard to create Connection Manager service profiles that present the image that you want to provide to your users - You can support managed dial-up access to Internet service providers (ISPs) and corporate networks, as well as establish virtual private network (VPN) connections to corporate networks, by creating custom Connection Manager service profiles.
|Application:||Windows Connection Manager Administration Kit|
|Magic:||- / -|
Connection Manager Service Provider Data related extensions:
- opn Opera Optimizer Settings
- umprofile UltraMon Display Profile
- access Java Access Control Data
- ttb BRLTTY Text Table Data
- dxc CA Directory DXserver Configuration
- pui Foobar2000 Panels UI Configuration
.cms - Casio WK-3000 Song Sequencer
The CMS configuration files are related to Casio Data Manager. The CMS file is a Casio WK-3000 Song Sequencer. The Casio WK-3000 is a portable music keyboard, manufactured by Casio.
Casio WK-3000 Song Sequencer related extensions:
- esc PRTWIN Escape Codes
- ini Initialization File
- igd Xbox 360 Controller for Windows Configuration
- wc4 WinCheckIt4 Settings
- vgw Sybase ASE VGW File
- cis CheckInbox Settings
.cms - Car Mechanic Simulator Car Model
The CMS game data files are related to Car Mechanic Simulator. The CMS file is a Car Mechanic Simulator Car Model. Car mechanic simulator is a first person simulator that allows the player to take on the role of a car mechanic.
Car Mechanic Simulator Car Model related extensions:
- dat Alan IF Adventure Data
- bmx Delta Force Game Mission Data
- ddpokersave DD Poker Saved Game
- msn Descent Mission Data
- gvr Phantasy Star Online Game Resource
- nx3 Rappelz NX3 Data
.cms - CaseMap Case Script
The CMS data files are related to CaseMap. The CMS file is a CaseMap Case Script. CaseMap is a fact management database application used to manage, organize and connect case.
CaseMap Case Script related extensions:
- cm1 CaseMap 1 Data
- cm10 CaseMap 10 Data
- cm3 CaseMap 3 Data
- cm4 CaseMap 4 Data
- cm6 CaseMap 6 Data
- cm7 CaseMap 7 Data
.cms - TrialDirector Case Data
The CMS data files are related to TrialDirector. The CMS file is a TrialDirector Case Data. TrialDirector is a presentation software program made by inData Corporation specifically for attorneys to present evidence in trials, mediations, and arbitrations.
TrialDirector Case Data related extensions:
- ccs TrialDirector Clip Script
- cds TrialDirector Input Data
- cpl TrialDirector Concordance Data
- dcb TrialDirector Concordance Database
- dii TrialDirector Load Data
- lpt TrialDirector Load Data
.cms - Coach Project Archive
The CMS project files are related to Coach. The CMS file is a Coach Project Archive. Coach is a Learning Environment which offers the tools for Measurements, Control, Data, Video and Modeling.
Coach Project Archive related extensions:
.cms - Celestia Simple Model Data
The CMS data files are related to Celestia. The CMS file is a Celestia Simple Model Data. Celestia is a 3D astronomy program created by Chris Laurel. The program is based on the Hipparcos Catalogue (HIP) and allows users to travel through an extensive universe, modeled after reality, at any speed, in any direction, and at any time in history.
Celestia Simple Model Data related extensions:
- cel Celestia CEL Script
- celx Celestia Script File
- cfg Celestia Configuration Data
- cmod Celestia Model
- dat Celestia Binary Database
- dsc Celestia Deep Space Catalog
.cms - Cimplicity HMI CimEdit Script
The CMS data files are related to CIMPLICITY HMI. The CMS file is a Cimplicity HMI CimEdit Script. CIMPLICITY HMI is a client/server based visualization and control solution that provides process visualization, data acquisition and supervisory control over manufacturing and process environments.
Cimplicity HMI CimEdit Script related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .cms file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .cms extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .cms files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .cms files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .cms file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .cms file
To set the .cms file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .cms file association. Many applications can open .cms files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .cms file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
chs, cjs, cks, cls, cm, cm5, cmc, cme, cmw, cmx, cmz, cns, cs, csm, dms
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .cms filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .cms:
- cls LaTeX Document Class Data
- cns Mugen Character States Data
- dms Exigen Workflow Imaging Data
- ms Modula-3 Intermediate Assembly Code
- xms Amiga XMash Disk Archive
- cks Cricket Audio Stream
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .cms page useful, please feel free to link to this page.