COL file format description
Many people often share .col files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .col files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .col files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .col files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .col file format.
10 filename extension(s) found in our database.
- HTML Help Collection
- Kogeo Colorbar Data
- BibExcel COL Data
- Microsoft Multiplan Spreadsheet
- Internet Color Wizard Color Scheme
- SequoiaView Color Template
- Lotus Notes Import Column Description Data
- Capture One Session Data
- Grand Theft Auto Collision Data
- Atari 8-bit Technicolor Dream Image
- .col file related problems
.col - HTML Help Collection
The COL document files are related to HTML Help Workshop. The COL file is a HTML Help Collection. Html Help v1.x supports creating libraries, called "collections", of multiple (read: "hundreds") individual CHM help files.
|Application:||HTML Help Workshop|
|Magic:||- / -|
HTML Help Collection related extensions:
- stb AutoCAD Named Plot Style Table
- xlv Microsoft Excel VBA Module
- wpt Corel WordPerfect Template
- nof NetObjects Fusion Document
- cad Autodesk QuickCAD Document
- men MenuPro Menu Document
.col - Kogeo Colorbar Data
The COL data files are related to Kogeo. The COL file is a Kogeo Colorbar Data. Kogeo is a free and open toolkit for 2d/3d seismic data analysis.
Kogeo Colorbar Data related extensions:
- kgs Kogeo Session Data
.col - BibExcel COL Data
The COL data files are related to BibExcel. The COL file is a BibExcel COL Data. BibExcel is designed to assist a user in analysing bibliographic data, or any data of a textual nature formatted in a similar manner.
BibExcel COL Data related extensions:
- ccc BibExcel CCC Data
- cit BibExcel Cited Document
- coc BibExcel Co-occurrence Document
- cox BibExcel COX Data
- frq BibExcel FRQ Data
- gth BibExcel GTH Data
.col - Microsoft Multiplan Spreadsheet
The COL document files are related to Microsoft Multiplan. The COL file is a Microsoft Multiplan Spreadsheet. Multiplan was an early spreadsheet program developed by Microsoft. The Microsoft Multiplan seems to be no longer supported.
Microsoft Multiplan Spreadsheet related extensions:
- xlw3 Microsoft Excel 3 for Mac Workbook Document
- w6w Microsoft Word 6 for Mac Document
- vbo Microsoft Access Package Deployment References Data
- accdc Microsoft Access 2007 Signed Package
- ppnt Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac Presentation
- laccdb Microsoft Access 2007 Database Lock
.col - Internet Color Wizard Color Scheme
The COL data files are related to Internet Color Wizard. The COL file is an Internet Color Wizard Color Scheme. Internet Color Wizard is a color matching application for Microsoft Windows. The Internet Color Wizard seems to be no longer supported.
Internet Color Wizard Color Scheme related extensions:
- memx E-Sword v9 Memory Verses Data
- pkl Migration Wizard Packing List File
- bjs Moldex3D Batch Job Settings Data
- dch Draft Choice Drawing
- syo SYSTAT Output Data
- nbk Firebird SQL Database Backup
.col - SequoiaView Color Template
The COL data files are related to SequoiaView. The COL file is a SequoiaView Color Template. SequoiaView is a disk browsing tool based on the principle of treemaps, with one unique feature added, namely Cushion Treemaps, invented by Jack van Wijk.
SequoiaView Color Template related extensions:
- tpl Carlson 2016 Template Data
- rrb Registrar v3 Bookmark Data
- qcc Quilt Manager Pattern Data
- p7z PKCS #7 Compressed Message
- caro Adobe Acrobat Creator Code
- cal SWAT Auto-calibration Data
.col - Lotus Notes Import Column Description Data
The COL data files are related to Lotus Notes. The COL file is a Lotus Notes Import Column Description Data. Lotus Notes is the classic client for accessing the Domino / Notes server and processing e-mail, appointments, contacts and much more.
Lotus Notes Import Column Description Data related extensions:
- tw KG-UV6 Commander TW Data
- dd2 OMA Download Agent v2 Descriptor
- qch QT Compressed Help
- bson Binary JSON Data
- khe kHED 3D Model Data
- hrv AQUA Hydrogen Bond Distance Restraints Violations Data
.col - Capture One Session Data
The COL data files are related to Capture One. The COL file is a Capture One Session Data. Capture One is a photo editing software developed by Phase One.
Capture One Session Data related extensions:
- cpr Cubase Project
- s02 RackTools Data
- lwmw Likno Web Modal Windows Builder Data
- ttv TempTale Manager Desktop Data
- anat XNBC Network Anatomy Data
- savedsearch Mac OS X Spotlight Saved Search
.col - Grand Theft Auto Collision Data
The COL game data files are related to Grand Theft Auto. The COL file is a Grand Theft Auto Collision Data. GTA (Grand Theft Auto) is an American video game series, published by Rockstar Games.
Grand Theft Auto Collision Data related extensions:
- sims3 The Sims 3 Saved Game
- hel Hellbender Saved Game
- sgt Hitman Game Audio Data
- prp Uru: Ages Beyond Myst Page Resource Package
- tml Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis Skin Data
- mul Ultima Online MUL Data
.lum - Atari 8-bit Technicolor Dream Image
The LUM graphic files are related to Recoil. The LUM file is an Atari 8-bit Technicolor Dream Image. The Atari 8-bit family is a series of 8-bit home computers introduced by Atari, Inc.
Atari 8-bit Technicolor Dream Image related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .col file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .col extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .col files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .col files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .col file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .col file
To set the .col file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .col file association. Many applications can open .col files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .col file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
cil, ckl, cl, cll, clo, co, cok, com, coo, cop, cpl, dol, fol, ocl, ol
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .col filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .col:
- com Windows Command File
- cil Microsoft ClipArt Gallery Download Package
- coo Autodesk AutoCAD Bounding Coordinates Cookie
- ol Valve Hammer Object Layout
- cil Norton CleanSweep Installation Log
- co Cobalt 3D Model
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .col page useful, please feel free to link to this page.