CPC file format description
Many people often share .cpc files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .cpc files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .cpc files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .cpc files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .cpc file format.
2 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.cpc - Cartesian Document Image
The CPC graphic files are related to CPCView. The CPC file is a Cartesian Document Image. Cartesian Perceptual Compression (CPC) is a novel image compression method specifically designed for document image storage and transmission systems.
Cartesian Document Image related extensions:
- pwc PieceWise-Constant Image
- ihe Commodore 64 Interlace Hires Editor Bitmap
- emz Compressed Enhanced Windows Metafile
- rix ColorRIX VGA Paint Image
- gel Molecular Dynamics Image
- epa Award Bios Boot Logo
.cpc - Amstrad CPC Captured Screen
The CPC graphic files are related to XnView. The CPC file is a Amstrad CPC Captured Screen. The Amstrad CPC (short for Colour Personal Computer) is a series of 8-bit home computers produced by Amstrad between 1984 and 1990.
Amstrad CPC Captured Screen related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .cpc file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .cpc extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .cpc files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .cpc files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .cpc file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .cpc file
To set the .cpc file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .cpc file association. Many applications can open .cpc files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .cpc file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
cc, ccp, clc, coc, cp, cpd, cpf, cps, cpv, cpx, dpc, fpc, pc, pcc, spc
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .cpc filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .cpc:
- cc Picture Window Color Curve Data
- cpd WebDev Code Style Data
- cps QEMM Backup Data
- pc Personal Composer Document
- spc SpchComp Encoded Speech Data
- cp CPIde Source Code
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .cpc page useful, please feel free to link to this page.