CPK file format description
Many people often share .cpk files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .cpk files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .cpk files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .cpk files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .cpk file format.
4 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.cpk - Novell Netware Compiled Server Software Package
The CPK development files are related to Novell Netware. The CPK file is a Novell Netware Compiled Server Software Package. NetWare is a network operating system developed by Novell, Inc. CPK is the compiled SPK. It contains the files and logic to use to implement the task.
|Magic:||- / -|
Novell Netware Compiled Server Software Package related extensions:
- dbml Database Markup Language File
- opt Microsoft Visual Studio Workspace Options
- tvsconfig RAD Studio Modeling Configuration
- dbg Microsoft Visual Studio Debug File
- lfm Lazarus Form
- v18 SYNETSIM QuickBasic Source Code
.cpk - CRI Middleware Package
The CPK game data files are related to CRI Middleware. The CPK file is a CRI Middleware Package. CRI Middleware is a leading provider of audio and video middleware for the video game industry.
CRI Middleware Package related extensions:
- hiwacsave Warnings at Waverly Academy Saved Game
- sod Spear of Destiny Game Data
- crh Links 386 Pro Game Data
- pin Epic Pinball Saved Game
- s2mh StarCraft II Map Header
- lvb Outlaws Game Data
.cpk - WDK Driver Test Manager Log
The CPK development files are related to Windows Driver Kit. The CPK file is a WDK Driver Test Manager Log. WDK Driver Test Manager (DTM) automates the deployment of driver tests.
WDK Driver Test Manager Log related extensions:
- jui QT Jambi User Interface Data
- mom Xcode Managed Object Model
- sdt IBM Rational SDL Suite Data
- idea IntelliJ IDEA Metadata
- retro Retro Forth Source Code
- tlh Visual C++ TLH Header
.cak - Sega Saturn Cinepak Video
The CAK video files are related to CPK2AVI. The CAK file is a Sega Saturn Cinepak Video. The CPK video format used on many Sega CD/Saturn games.
Sega Saturn Cinepak Video related extensions:
- cak Sega Saturn Cinepak Video
It is important to understand that the .cpk file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .cpk extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .cpk files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .cpk files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .cpk file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .cpk file
To set the .cpk file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .cpk file association. Many applications can open .cpk files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .cpk file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
ck, ckp, clk, cok, cp, cpj, cpl, cpm, cpo, cpu, dpk, fpk, pck, pk, spk
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .cpk filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .cpk:
- xpk PSpice Library
- ckp Certainkey Valise Light Archive
- cpl Tekla Structures Contour Plate Properties
- pck System Center Configuration Manager Package
- vpk Verge Package
- cpj WinOnCD Project
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .cpk page useful, please feel free to link to this page.