CPX file format description
Many people often share .cpx files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .cpx files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .cpx files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .cpx files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .cpx file format.
6 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.cpx - Character Set Translation Table
The CPX data files are related to MDAC. The CPX file is a Character Set Translation Table. It is a part of Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) package.
Character Set Translation Table related extensions:
- onportrait ON1 Photo Portrait Data
- _docx Microsoft Word 2007 Auto-backup File
- fastresume ReadyNAS Bittorrent Application Data
- proofingtool Microsoft Office Proofingtool Data
- hk5 Act! HK5 Database
- mgo MacGourmet Recipe
.cpx - CryptaPix Encrypted Image
The CPX graphic files are related to CryptaPix. The CPX file is a CryptaPix Encrypted Image. CryptaPix is an image file management and encryption program for Windows.
CryptaPix Encrypted Image related extensions:
- hpe Corrupted JPEG Image
- bkg Atari 8-bit Movie Maker Background Image
- lif Homeworld Texture
- mip Corel Paint Shop Pro Multiple Image Print
- pix BRL-CAD RAW Image
- cvg Calamus Vector Graphic
.cpx - CinePaint XML-tagged Image
The CPX graphic files are related to CinePaint. The CPX file is a CinePaint XML-tagged Image. CinePaint is an open source computer program for painting and retouching bitmap frames of movie film. It is a fork of version 1.0.4 of the GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP).
CinePaint XML-tagged Image related extensions:
- cps Colored PostScript
- xep XenoDream Graphics Data
- mrw Minolta RAW Image
- vbr Gimp Parametric Brush File
- pgma ASCII Portable Graymap Image
- xifs PixInsight XIFS Data
.cpx - Corel ArtShow 5 Document
The CPX document files are related to Corel ArtShow. The CPX file is a Corel ArtShow 5 Document. Corel ArtShow is a collection of artworks.
Corel ArtShow 5 Document related extensions:
- hype Hype Document
- dwg BravoDRAFT Document
- lums SAP Lumira Document
- pov POV-Ray Raytracing Format
- hpl HotDocs Answer Source
- gsheet Google Drive Sheet
.cpx - Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome Campaign Data
The CPX game data files are related to Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome. The CPX file is an Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome Campaign Data. The Rise of Rome is an expansion pack for Age of Empires, it is based on the rise of the Roman Empire.
Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome Campaign Data related extensions:
- zks Pathfinder: Kingmaker Saved Game
- ztd Zoo Tycoon Data
- lev NetHack Game Level Data
- zdd ZDaemon Demo
- knh Assetto Corsa Car Data
- baf Infinity Engine Script
.cpx - CorelDraw Exchange Compressed Drawing
The CPX data files are related to CorelDRAW. The CPX file is a CorelDraw Exchange Compressed Drawing. CorelDRAW is a vector graphics editor developed and marketed by Corel Corporation.
CorelDraw Exchange Compressed Drawing related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .cpx file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .cpx extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .cpx files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .cpx files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .cpx file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .cpx file
To set the .cpx file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .cpx file association. Many applications can open .cpx files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .cpx file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
clx, cox, cp, cpa, cpc, cpd, cps, cpz, cx, cxp, dpx, fpx, pcx, px, spx
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .cpx filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .cpx:
- clx IBM Rational XDE Collaboration Data
- cps Colored PostScript
- dpx DrawPlus Drawing Template
- spx Mac OS X System Profiler XML Report
- cpc Amstrad CPC Captured Screen
- cx Codemapper Script
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .cpx page useful, please feel free to link to this page.