CSL file format description
Many people often share .csl files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .csl files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .csl files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .csl files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .csl file format.
4 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.csl - CineStyle Color Lookup Settings
The CSL configuration files are related to CineStyle. The CSL file is a CineStyle Color Lookup Settings. Cinestyle is a plugin for the Canon DSLR line intended to bring a more editable image to the color grading bay for a more film-like cinema look and feel.
|Magic:||- / -|
CineStyle Color Lookup Settings related extensions:
- xcsl CineStyle Color Correction Data
.csl - Citation Style Language Document
The CSL development files are related to Zotero. The CSL file is a Citation Style Language Document. Citation Style Language (CSL) is a popular open XML-based language to describe the formatting of citations and bibliographies.
Citation Style Language Document related extensions:
- pf OpenEdge ABL Database Parameters Data
- ddf ProWorx NXT Descriptor Data File
- c# Visual C# Source Code
- rpp WinDev HyperFileSQL Replication Parameters Data
- aut AutoIt Script
- cetool Windows CE Plugin
.csl - Anno 2070 Script
The CSL game data files are related to Anno 2070. The CSL file is an Anno 2070 Script. Anno 2070 is a city-building and economic simulation game, with real-time strategy elements.
Anno 2070 Script related extensions:
- dsmap Dungeon Siege Map Data
- tzf Overlord Saved Game
- mbm Kerbal Space Program Bitmap Texture
- bic Civilization 3 Scenario
- eft ROSE Online Effect Data
- bgz Blood Frontier Map Data
.csl - CorelDraw Symbol Library
The CSL data files are related to CorelDRAW. The CSL file is a CorelDraw Symbol Library. CorelDRAW is a vector graphics editor developed and marketed by Corel Corporation.
CorelDraw Symbol Library related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .csl file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .csl extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .csl files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .csl files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .csl file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .csl file
To set the .csl file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .csl file association. Many applications can open .csl files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .csl file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
ccl, cel, cl, cls, cql, cs, cs1, csi, csk, csm, cso, csp, cwl, cxl, dsl
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .csl filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .csl:
- cel CIMFast Event Language Source Code
- cls CLASS Group Abbreviation
- csi ContentServ CS EMMS Include
- csp Commonspace Document
- fsl Corel Paradox Compiled Form
- vsl Apache Velocity Page Template
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .csl page useful, please feel free to link to this page.