CSM file format description
Many people often share .csm files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .csm files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .csm files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .csm files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .csm file format.
5 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.csm - Mail.dat Container Summary File
The CSM data files are related to PostalOne!. The CSM file is a Mail.dat Container Summary File. Mail.dat is the standard embraced by a significant portion of the mail production industry and the US Postal Service. Mail.dat is a relational database of nineteen "connected" files describing each characteristic that can exist within a mailing.
Mail.dat Container Summary File related extensions:
- dqb D-PAS Portfolio Manager Data
- fbk Family Tree Maker Backup Data
- res 4D Database Client Resource Data
- nwdb Neat Database
- aif SmartWare Executable Program
- pptenx Egis Encrypted Powerpoint PPT Document
.csm - C++ Builder Precompiled Header
The CSM development files are related to C++ Builder. The CSM file is a C++ Builder Precompiled Header. C++ Builder is a rapid application development (RAD) environment, originally developed by Borland and as of 2009 owned by Embarcadero Technologies, for writing programs in the C++ programming language targeting Windows and OS X.
C++ Builder Precompiled Header related extensions:
- fhs Adobe Flash FlashHelp Skin Data
- h C Header File
- xmf Milinta APL Mainframe SAM Data
- dof Delphi Option File
- ilv ILOG Views Data
- igr Quest3D Channel Group Layout Data
.csm - 3ds Max Character Studio Marker Data
The CSM data files are related to Autodesk 3ds Max. The CSM file is a 3ds Max Character Studio Marker Data. Autodesk 3ds Max is a professional 3D computer graphics program for making 3D animations, models, games and images.
3ds Max Character Studio Marker Data related extensions:
- dbk dBASE Database Backup
- r2v3 Adobe Streamline Data
- uvr 3DXML UVR Mesh Data
- wavm eXtendable Wad Editor WAVM Data
- a2panel Aston 2 Panel Theme File
- dsk Lotus Notes Design Elements Data
.csm - Steam Client Game Backup Data
The CSM data files are related to Steam. The CSM file is a Steam Client Game Backup Data. Steam is a digital distribution, digital rights management, multiplayer and communications platform developed by Valve Corporation.
Steam Client Game Backup Data related extensions:
- acf Steam Application Cache Data
- alt Steam ALT Data
- cachedmsg Valve Steam Cache Data
- crash Steam Crash Data
- dmp Steam Client Dump Data
- gcf Steam Game Cache File
.cs1 - Sinar CaptureShop RAW Image
The CS1 graphic files are related to Sinar CaptureShop (Macintosh!). The CS1 file is a Sinar CaptureShop RAW Image. Sinar CaptureShop is an integral part of the Sinarback digital camera back system.
Sinar CaptureShop RAW Image related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .csm file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .csm extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .csm files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .csm files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .csm file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .csm file
To set the .csm file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .csm file association. Many applications can open .csm files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .csm file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
ccm, cem, cm, cms, cs, csh, csj, csk, csl, csn, cwm, cxm, dsm, fsm, scm
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .csm filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .csm:
- cms Celestia Simple Model Data
- csj BlackBerry Code Signing Data
- dsm AQUA Generic Distance Restraints Summary Data
- scm MIT App Inventor Layout Data
- xsm Cross Stitch Pro Motifs Data
- cms Casio WK-3000 Song Sequencer
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .csm page useful, please feel free to link to this page.