CVD file format description
Many people often share .cvd files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .cvd files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .cvd files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .cvd files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .cvd file format.
6 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.cvd - ClamAV Virus Database
The CVD data files are related to ClamAV. The CVD file is a ClamAV Virus Database. ClamAV is an open source (GPL) antivirus engine designed for detecting Trojans, viruses, malware and other malicious threats.
ClamAV Virus Database related extensions:
.cvd - Chaoji VCD Subtitle
The CVD video files are related to VLC Media Player. The CVD file is a Chaoji VCD Subtitle. CVD format is an image-based subtitle format.
Chaoji VCD Subtitle related extensions:
- uvh DECE HD Video
- moff Sony AVCHD Index
- sky ActiveSky Movie Clip
- oxi Vertigo XG OXI Animation File
- vgz DigitalVDO Compressed Video
- uvs DECE SD Video
.cvd - Bitdefender Antivirus Database
The CVD data files are related to Bitdefender Antivirus. The CVD file is a Bitdefender Antivirus Database. BitDefender Antivirus is a security tool that protects your computer from dangerous files such as trojans, viruses and spyware.
Bitdefender Antivirus Database related extensions:
- layout Adobe Premiere Workspace Layout
- lfv Labassert Functional View Library
- wkq Corel Quattro Pro for DOS Spreadsheet
- ypm SigmaWinLite Data
- bdf BSDiff Patch
- fl DRM Forward Lock
.cvd - CVTracker Dictionary Data
The CVD data files are related to CVTracker. The CVD file is a CVTracker Dictionary Data. The CVTracker is a personal network management system for job seekers. The CVTracker seems to be no longer supported.
CVTracker Dictionary Data related extensions:
- cvt CVTracker Template
.cvd - Calamus Vector Drawing
The CVD graphic files are related to Calamus. The CVD file is a Calamus Vector Drawing. Calamus is a highly modular Desktop Publishing system from invers Software.
Calamus Vector Drawing related extensions:
- cdk Calamus Document
- cfn Calamus Font Data
- crg Calamus Raster Graphics Data
- cvg Calamus Vector Graphic
.cvd - Canvas X Drawing
The CVD document files are related to Canvas. The CVD file is a Canvas X Drawing. Canvas is a photo and graphics editor, print and web publishing tool.
Canvas X Drawing related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .cvd file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .cvd extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .cvd files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .cvd files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .cvd file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .cvd file
To set the .cvd file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .cvd file association. Many applications can open .cvd files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .cvd file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
cbd, ccd, cd, cdd, cdv, cfd, cgd, cv, cvc, cvf, cvr, cvs, cvw, cvx, dvd
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .cvd filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .cvd:
- xvd Xbox One Virtual Disk
- cdd Ovation 1 Document
- cvs DR-97 Digital Recorder SP Audio
- vcd Lattice Reveal Analyzer Exported Waveform
- cd Steinberg WaveLab Basic Audio CD Project
- cvc cVideo Video File
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .cvd page useful, please feel free to link to this page.