DATA file format description
Many people often share .data files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .data files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .data files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .data files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .data file format.
8 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.data - Analysis Studio Data
The DATA data files are related to Analysis Studio. The DATA file is an Analysis Studio Data file. Analysis Studio is a comprehensive, easy to use data mining tool. The actual project data is stored in a .DATA file using tab delimited format. STP files are xml based files. The Analysis Studio seems to be no longer supported.
|Magic:||- / -|
Analysis Studio Data related extensions:
- tdh Borland Turbo Debugger Help Data
- dct NCH DialDictate Dictation Data
- bpd BizInt Smart Charts for Patents Data Transfer Format Data
- rwmt ReliaSoft Weibull++ MT Data
- ncak1 NI Audio Kontrol 1 Template
- zn~ Zinio Reader Temporary Data
.data - NASA VIRV Instruments Status
The DATA data files are related to NASA VIRV. The DATA file is a NASA VIRV Instruments Status. VIRV (VIR Validator) is a tool that performs checks on the syntax and grammar of SASF, runs a simulations of VIR acquisitions and eventually finds violation of the flight rules of the sequences produced.
NASA VIRV Instruments Status related extensions:
- slg Symantec Endpoint Protection Database Log
- ruj Oracle Database Recovery-Unit Journal
- prv Free Folder Hider Backup Data
- rupaf Revo Uninstaller Pro Activation Data
- ksl Karaoke Song List Creator Data
- rdh Siemens MR Spectroscopy Header Data
.data - CoreFSIF Database
The DATA data files are related to CoreFSIF. The DATA file is a CoreFSIF Database. CoreFSIF is a structured storage system originally developed by Avanticore. The CoreFSIF seems to be no longer supported.
CoreFSIF Database related extensions:
- iio CoreFSIF IO Stream Data
.data - Acronis True Image Backup
The DATA archive files are related to Acronis True Image. The DATA file is an Acronis True Image Data Backup. Acronis True Image is a software product produced by Acronis that provides data protection for personal users including, backup, archive, access and recovery.
Acronis True Image Backup related extensions:
- fwarc FacetWin Disk Archive
- sqx SQX Compressed Archive
- mpzip NI Multisim Package
- ebu Ulead EasyBackup Archive
- icspkg Intellitools Classroom Suite Package
- ita IconTweaker Theme Archive
.data - Apple Photos Data
The DATA data files are related to Apple Photos. The DATA file is an Apple Photos Data. Apple Photos is a free and easy-to-use app for accessing, organizing and sharing your photos and videos.
Apple Photos Data related extensions:
- aiilist Telerik Test Studio Test List
- jet California JET Data
- dnw EMPOP DrawNetWork Data
- ifol Instant File Opener Data
- dl Masked Dynamic Link Library
- hdr Microsoft IIS NNTP Header Data
.data - Adobe Soundbooth Audio Data
The DATA data files are related to Adobe Soundbooth. The DATA file is an Adobe Soundbooth Audio Data. Adobe Soundbooth is a digital audio editor developed by Adobe Systems.
Adobe Soundbooth Audio Data related extensions:
- c4dupdate Maxon Cinema 4D Update Data
- dwe DataWarehouse Explorer Data
- sf StatGraphics Centurion Data
- rtfenx Egis Encrypted RTF Document
- rdc CYANA Residual Dipolar Coupling Restraint File
- btx DB/TextWorks Database Term and Word Index
.data - Arena Wars Game Archive
The DATA game data files are related to Arena Wars. The DATA file is an Arena Wars Game Archive. Arena Wars is an action and real-time strategy game released by Tri Synergy and Ascaron Entertainment.
Arena Wars Game Archive related extensions:
- cdp Trainz Content Dispatcher Pack
- c4f Clonk Game Round Data
- glb Raptor: Call of the Shadows Data
- jr2 Fishing Simulator 2 Addon
- prison Prison Architect Saved Game
- zse Zelda Classic Sound Effects Data
.dat - General Data File
The DAT file is a General Data File. The DAT file extensions is generally used for a "Data" file in which programs store their related data, be it text, structured data, encrypted information or anything else.
|Magic:||- / -|
General Data File related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .data file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .data extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .data files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .data files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .data file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .data file
To set the .data file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .data file association. Many applications can open .data files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .data file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
ata, daa, dat, datx, dta
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .data filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .data:
- dat General Data File
- dat Prince of Persia Game Data
- dat Celestia Binary Database
- dat Nero BackItUp Drive Image
- dat SVAL Frequency-time Spectrogram Data
- dta Chain Calculator Database
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .data page useful, please feel free to link to this page.