DBF file format description
Many people often share .dbf files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .dbf files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .dbf files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .dbf files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .dbf file format.
14 filename extension(s) found in our database.
- Aston-Tate dBASE Database
- ArcInfo Shapefile Attribute Table Data
- iAnywhere Database
- CA-dBFast Database
- Palm Zire Photo Database
- Alpha Five Table Data
- AbacusLaw Database
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro Database Table
- NovaBACKUP Database
- Oracle Database Tablespace
- JetForm FormFlow 2 Database
- ACDSee Thumbnail Cache
- Act! Main Database
- Delta Force Binary Dialog Data
- .dbf file related problems
.dbf - Aston-Tate dBASE Database
The DBF data files are related to DBase. The DBF file is an Aston-Tate dBASE Database. DBF is a database file format for dBASE database management system.
Aston-Tate dBASE Database related extensions:
- app dBase Application Generator Object
- bar dBase Application Generator Menu Bar Object
- bch dBASE Batch Process Object
- cac dBase IV Executable
- cat dBase IV Catalog Backup
- cdx dBASE Compound Index
.dbf - ArcInfo Shapefile Attribute Table Data
The DBF gis files are related to ESRI ArcInfo. The DBF file is an ArcInfo Shapefile Attribute Table Data. ArcInfo is a complete and extensible geographic information system.
ArcInfo Shapefile Attribute Table Data related extensions:
- mapsdata Apple Maps Data
- ovf Orbit Vector Data
- afp XMap Flight Plan Statistic Data
- mul SeeYou Multiple Flights Data
- gvr GeoVisu Route Data
- atf SOCET SET Triangulation File
.dbf - iAnywhere Database
The DBF data files are related to iAnywhere. The DBF file is an iAnywhere Database. Sybase iAnywhere is a cloud-based Communications software, it is designed to support small, medium and large size business.
iAnywhere Database related extensions:
- look Adobe SpeedGrade Look
- gdb TIGER Geodatabase
- mdef ANSYS Workbench Managed Data
- obx pCon.planner Pro OBX Exchange Format Data
- smf 3ds Max Character Studio Shared Motion Flow Data
- dja DunDjinni Data
.dbf - CA-dBFast Database
The DBF data files are related to CA-dBFast. The DBF file is a CA-dBFast Database. CA-dBFast is a dBase-compatible application development system from Computer Associates. The CA-dBFast seems to be no longer supported.
CA-dBFast Database related extensions:
.dbf - Palm Zire Photo Database
The DBF data files are related to Palm Zire. The DBF file is a Palm Zire Photo Database. The Palm Zire is a basic Palm organizer (PDA). The Palm Zire seems to be no longer supported.
Palm Zire Photo Database related extensions:
- pst Medbasin Parameters Data
- drr Altium Drill Report File
- rpc Crystal Reports RPC File
- animeaction Anime Studio Action Data
- sublime-keymap Sublime Text Keymap Data
- afs STAAD Foundation Project
.dbf - Alpha Five Table Data
The DBF development files are related to Alpha Five. The DBF file is an Alpha Five Table Data. Alpha Five is a beginner friendly application development environment.
Alpha Five Table Data related extensions:
- yo Y86 Assembler Object
- xuf Milinta APL Unix SAX Data
- arbvp1 ARB Vertex Shader Program
- 2clk Frontier for Mac Script
- projdata Visual C# Project Data
.dbf - AbacusLaw Database
The DBF data files are related to AbacusLaw. The DBF file is an AbacusLaw Database. AbacusLaw is a popular legal practice management solution used by thousands of legal professionals worldwide.
AbacusLaw Database related extensions:
- alf AbacusLaw Format Data
.dbf - Microsoft Visual FoxPro Database Table
The DBF development files are related to Microsoft Visual Studio. The DBF file is a Microsoft Visual FoxPro Database Table. Visual FoxPro is a data-centric object-oriented and procedural programming language produced by Microsoft.
Microsoft Visual FoxPro Database Table related extensions:
- fxo Microsoft DirectX Pre-compiled Shader
- wix wIntegrate Compiled Script
- lai GNU Libtool Temporary Data
- tflite TensorFlow Lite Model
- javajet Eclipse JET Java Template
- opentag OpenTag Document
.dbf - NovaBACKUP Database
The DBF data files are related to NovaBACKUP. The DBF file is a NovaBACKUP Database. NovaBACKUP is a backup and restoration system for Windows that is produced by NovaStor.
NovaBACKUP Database related extensions:
- cdx NovaBACKUP Database Index
- fpt NovaBACKUP Backup Related Data
- nb7 NovaBACKUP v8 Backup Data
- nbd NovaBACKUP Data File
- nbk NovaBACKUP Job Definition File
- nrs NovaBACKUP Restore Script
.dbf - Oracle Database Tablespace
The DBF data files are related to Oracle Database. The DBF file is an Oracle Database Tablespace. Oracle Database is a multi-model database management system produced and marketed by Oracle.
Oracle Database Tablespace related extensions:
- done Cygwin Postinstall Data
- nge neXus Personal Security Client Data
- sdltb SDL MultiTerm Termbase
- gxh General CADD Pro Hatch
- hts MetaTrader Historical Data
- t81 EightyOne ROM Image
.dbf - JetForm FormFlow 2 Database
The DBF data files are related to JetForm FormFlow. The DBF file is a JetForm FormFlow 2 Database. JetForm FormFlow is a comprehensive business form and workflow automation tool. The JetForm FormFlow seems to be no longer supported.
JetForm FormFlow 2 Database related extensions:
- ppf EdgeCAM Pathtrace Part Data
- gvswatch Gravit Designer Swatch Data
- pvd Canon Picture Browser Cache Data
- ddb Act! Sales Data
- mgtheme MacGourmet Theme
- k0i k0-INAA Data
.dbf - ACDSee Thumbnail Cache
The DBF data files are related to ACDSee Pro. The DBF file is an ACDSee Thumbnail Cache. ACDSee is an image organizer, viewer, and image editor program for Microsoft Windows.
ACDSee Thumbnail Cache related extensions:
- ahv Interfile 3.3 AHV File
- mfl MADRIX Fixture Library
- qtindex Adobe Premiere QTIndex
- ann Zemax Annotations Data
- bootskin Stardock BootSkin Data
- spentry Spartan Entry Database
.dbf - Act! Main Database
The DBF data files are related to ACT!. The DBF file is an Act! Main Database. ACT! by Sage is a customer relationship management (CRM) software application which is used to keep track of client and prospect details in a single database that can be shared by multiple users.
Act! Main Database related extensions:
- cnv ACDSee Canvas Data
- buf Emacs Buffer Data
- pattern PhotoLine 4 Pattern Data
- fou SpiceCAD Lowpass Data
- gtm CFX Mesh File
- apt Alphacam Punch Tool Data
.dbf - Delta Force Binary Dialog Data
The DBF game data files are related to Delta Force. The DBF file is a Delta Force Binary Dialog Data. Delta Force is a tactical first-person shooter computer game by developer and publisher NovaLogic.
Delta Force Binary Dialog Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .dbf file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .dbf extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .dbf files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .dbf files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .dbf file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .dbf file
To set the .dbf file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .dbf file association. Many applications can open .dbf files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .dbf file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
bdf, bf, cbf, db, dbb, dbc, dbd, dbe, dbg, dbr, dbt, dbv, df, dfb, dff
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .dbf filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .dbf:
- bf Cryo BF Game Data
- bf libigl Skeletal Data
- bf Beyond Good and Evil Game Archive
- bf Fire Dynamics Simulator Boundary Data
- db Windows Thumbnail Cache
- dbe ActiveSync Backup
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .dbf page useful, please feel free to link to this page.