DBS file format description
Many people often share .dbs files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .dbs files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .dbs files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .dbs files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .dbs file format.
7 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.dbs - SQLBase Database
The DBS data files are related to SQLBase. The DBS file is an SQLBase Database. SQLBase is a fully relational, high performance, embedded database from Gupta.
SQLBase Database related extensions:
- sal Gupta Scalable Application Language File
.dbs - Microsoft SNA Server Database
The DBS data files are related to Microsoft SNA Server. The DBS file is a Microsoft SNA Server Database. SNA Server is a Microsoft BackOffice application that runs on the Microsoft Windows 2000 Server operating system.
Microsoft SNA Server Database related extensions:
- psql AreskiCC PSQL Data
- moverbackup Mover Backup Data
- dtxml Across DisplayText XML Data
- om3 HALCON Object Model 3D Data
- ooa OOA Interchange Format Data
- pfd Alzex Personal Finance Data
.dbs - DB/TextWorks Textbase Structure Data
The DBS data files are related to DB/TextWorks. The DBS file is a DB/TextWorks Textbase Structure Data. DB/TextWorks is a popular Windows database management and text retrieval system. The DB/TextWorks seems to be no longer supported.
DB/TextWorks Textbase Structure Data related extensions:
- cff ENVI Calibration Factors Data
- n2g SATURN Suite Node to Group Data
- wid SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence Data
- ocv Optical Character Verification Data
- rgaim ReliaSoft RGA Import Template
- thumbindex Motorola Media Finder Thumbnail Index
.dbs - GAMBIT Mesh Data
The DBS data files are related to GAMBIT. The DBS file is a GAMBIT Mesh Data. Gambit is an open-source collection of tools for doing computation in game theory. With Gambit, you can build, analyze, and explore game models.
GAMBIT Mesh Data related extensions:
.dbs - IR Prognosis Database Summary Document
The DBS data files are related to IR Prognosis. The DBS file is an IR Prognosis Database Summary Document. IR Prognosis is a comprehensive way for organisations to simplify their IT network with an end-to-end service management solution.
IR Prognosis Database Summary Document related extensions:
- ubj Universal Binary JSON Data
- csar CARIS Spatial Archive
- ezx EZ-Forms Form Data
- fpj Adobe RoboHelp Folder Contents
- vbox-extpack Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack
- jdb Winphone Fax Receive Journal Data
.dbs - Trimble GPS Data
The DBS gis files are related to GPS Pathfinder Office. The DBS file is a Trimble GPS Data. Trimble GPS Pathfinder Office is a full-featured desktop application for managing and processing data from data collection systems
Trimble GPS Data related extensions:
- mca MapFactor Navigator Data
- nmgf Noise Model Grid Format Data
- lsdb Loadstone GPS Data
- img ERDAS Imagine Image Data
- gmd ERDAS Imagine Graphical Model Data
- tfw ArcGIS TIFF World File
.dbs - Novapoint Geosuite Project
The DBS project files are related to Trimble Novapoint GeoSuite. The DBS file is a Novapoint Geosuite Project. Trimble Novapoint GeoSuite Toolbox is the package that Geotechnical engineers need for design, engineering, drawing production and 3D modelling.
Novapoint Geosuite Project related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .dbs file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .dbs extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .dbs files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .dbs files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .dbs file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .dbs file
To set the .dbs file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .dbs file association. Many applications can open .dbs files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .dbs file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
bds, bs, cbs, db, db5, dbc, dbe, dbq, dbw, dbx, dbz, dfs, dgs, dhs, dns
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .dbs filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .dbs:
- wbs WebBlender Project
- db Skype Chat History Data
- dbq SmartWare Backup Query Definition Data
- dgs DevSoft 3D Screen Creator Scene
- dsb Barudan Embroidery Data
- ebs IBM Rational Rose Script Source
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .dbs page useful, please feel free to link to this page.