DCF file format description
Many people often share .dcf files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .dcf files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .dcf files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .dcf files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .dcf file format.
14 filename extension(s) found in our database.
- Disk Copy Fast Image
- OMA DRM Content Format
- ProWorx NXT Database Configuration
- DOpus Command File
- Safetica Free Encrypted Archive
- WRAP Daily Flows Columnar Data
- Arbortext Editor Document Type Configuration Data
- CANopen Device Configuration Data
- D-LIB Generic Bytecode
- WordExpress Dictionary Data
- DynSite Configuration Data
- HP 95LX Comm Program Settings Data
- DisCryptor Encrypted Archive
- Dyalog APL Component File
- .dcf file related problems
.dcf - Disk Copy Fast Image
The DCF disk image files are related to DCF. The DCF file is a Disk Copy Fast floppy image.
Disk Copy Fast Image related extensions:
- pbf Paragon Backup Image
- xfs XFS Filesystem Image
- hfs HFS Disk Image File
- sopt SynclavierX Optical Disk Image
- hpfs OS/2 HPFS Image
- s01 ASR Smart Disk Image
.dcf - OMA DRM Content Format
The DCF data files are related to DRM Packager. The DCF file is an OMA DRM Content Format. OMA (Open Mobile Alliance) has specified procedures for downloading objects, such as files linked to a Web page over the air (OTA) for mobile devices. DRM Content Format (.dcf file), used with the separate delivery message type, is defined by the OMA DRM 1.0 specifications. It is used to encrypt the media content for separate delivery method and superdistribution.
OMA DRM Content Format related extensions:
- mtf XLActuary Data
- mtl Mastercam Mill Tool Library
- end Fire Dynamics Simulator Endian Information
- vlm Novell NetWare Virtual Loadable Module
- stap STAToolkit STAP Data
- dat-wal eM Client WAL Data
.dcf - ProWorx NXT Database Configuration
The DCF development files are related to ProWorx NXT. The DCF file is a ProWorx NXT Database Configuration. ProWORX NXT is produced by Schneider Electric, The simple cross platform programming solution for Modicon PLCs.
ProWorx NXT Database Configuration related extensions:
- vbw Visual Basic Project Workspace
- kep Turbo Pascal Compressed Kepler Data
- prd RISCWatch Processor Resource Definition
- pag Visual Basic Property Page File
- jor Gupta SQLWindows Journal Data
- su7 SAS Utility
.dcf - DOpus Command File
The DCF data files are related to DOpus. The DCF file is a DOpus Command File. Directory Opus is a popular file manager program. Originally it was written for the Amiga computer system in the early to mid 1990s. Development on the Amiga version ceased in 1997, but an entirely re-written version of Directory Opus is still being actively developed for the Microsoft Windows operating system.
DOpus Command File related extensions:
- dop DOpus Toolbar File
- dpf DOpus v9 Preferences Data
- dps DOpus Exported Settings
- ocb DOpus Configuration Backup
- ofv DOpus Saved Favorites
.dcf - Safetica Free Encrypted Archive
The DCF archive files are related to Safetica. The DCF file is a Safetica Free Encrypted Archive. Safetica Free is a freeware version of Safetica's powerful security client scaled down for the home user.
Safetica Free Encrypted Archive related extensions:
- dco Safetica Free Encrypted Virtual Disk Archive
.dcf - WRAP Daily Flows Columnar Data
The DCF data files are related to WRAP. The DCF file is a WRAP Daily Flows Columnar Data. Water Rights Analysis Package (WRAP) simulates management of the water resources of river/reservoir systems subject to priority-based water allocation and performs statistical frequency and reliability analyses of simulation results.
WRAP Daily Flows Columnar Data related extensions:
- aff WRAP SIMD Annual Flood Frequency Data
- bes WRAP Beginning-Ending Storage Data
- brc WRAP Beginning Reservoir Concentration Data
- brs WRAP Beginning Reservoir Storage Data
- crm WRAP Conditional Reliability Modeling Data
- day WRAP DAY Output Data
.dcf - Arbortext Editor Document Type Configuration Data
The DCF configuration files are related to Arbortext Editor. The DCF file is an Arbortext Editor Document Type Configuration Data. Arbortext Editor is a sophisticated toolset designed to help you create and edit documents in SGML and XML.
Arbortext Editor Document Type Configuration Data related extensions:
- set General Settings File
- upp Unified Printer Parameter
- btp Atari NeoDesk Batch Takes Parameters Data
- set SmartCAM Connection Settings File
- uvoptx µVision v5 Project Options
- edt VAX Edt Editor Settings Data
.dcf - CANopen Device Configuration Data
The DCF configuration files are related to CANopen. The DCF file is a CANopen Device Configuration Data. CANopen is a communication protocol and device profile specification for embedded systems used in automation. I
CANopen Device Configuration Data related extensions:
- pptp PPTP Client Options Data
- opax Microsoft Office User Settings File
- lnst Adobe InDesign Line Presets
- spf Site Publisher Profile
- cdadj Cyberlink ColorDirector Presets
- hvpn HSS Elite VPN Configuration
.dcf - D-LIB Generic Bytecode
The DCF development files are related to D-LIB. The DCF file is a D-LIB Generic Bytecode. D-Lib is an obsolete programming language for Microsoft Windows. The D-LIB seems to be no longer supported.
D-LIB Generic Bytecode related extensions:
- tgr Apex Trigger File
- zsh Z-Shell Script
- lzx OpenLaszlo Web Application
- blk ProWorx NXT Block Data File
- hydra Adobe Pixel Bender Kernel
- ulb COBOL Unisys Library File
.dcf - WordExpress Dictionary Data
The DCF data files are related to MicroVision WordExpress. The DCF file is a WordExpress Dictionary Data. MicroVision WordExpress is a word processor designed to create documents such as letters, memos, fax cover pages, reports, newsletters, etc. The MicroVision WordExpress seems to be no longer supported.
WordExpress Dictionary Data related extensions:
- fyi Concordance FYI Server Data
- ala ActivTrak Log Analysis Data
- arexport Spark AR Studio Export Data
- key SmartWare Database Key File
- pmu Pegasus Mail Keyboard Macro
- mjx Objectif Lune Sugopita Data
.dcf - DynSite Configuration Data
The DCF configuration files are related to DynSite. The DCF file is a DynSite Configuration Data. DynSite is a DynDNS client program developed by Noel Danjou. The DynSite seems to be no longer supported.
DynSite Configuration Data related extensions:
- dns DynSite Plug-in
.dcf - HP 95LX Comm Program Settings Data
The DCF configuration files are related to HP 95LX. The DCF file is a HP 95LX Comm Program Settings Data. The HP 95LX was HP's first MS-DOS-based pocket computer or personal digital assistant. The HP 95LX seems to be no longer supported.
HP 95LX Comm Program Settings Data related extensions:
- twrps TWRP Settings
- iclan 24clan Inject Settings File
- dfrocfg SUMO dfrouter Configuration
- samrc SAM Default Parameters Data
- spds SAS Scalable Performance Data Server Configuration
- rsx RSLinx Configuration Data
.dcf - DisCryptor Encrypted Archive
The DCF data files are related to DisCryptor. The DCF file is a DisCryptor Encrypted Archive. DisCryptor is an encrypting tool that allows the protection of personal data. The DisCryptor seems to be no longer supported.
DisCryptor Encrypted Archive related extensions:
.dcf - Dyalog APL Component File
The DCF development files are related to Dyalog. The DCF file is a Dyalog APL Component File. Dyalog is an interactive, array-oriented programming language based on APL. It is designed to make it easy to analyse and process large amounts of data.
Dyalog APL Component File related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .dcf file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .dcf extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .dcf files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .dcf files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .dcf file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .dcf file
To set the .dcf file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .dcf file association. Many applications can open .dcf files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .dcf file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
ccf, cdf, cf, dc, dcb, dcc, dcd, dce, dcg, dcr, dct, dcv, ddf, df, dfc
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .dcf filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .dcf:
- ddf My Personal Diary Document
- cdf netCDF Data
- dcb DAZ Studio Custom Brick
- dcr Kodak Pro Digital RAW Image
- ddf ProWorx NXT Descriptor Data File
- dff GTA III Model Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .dcf page useful, please feel free to link to this page.