DCM file format description
Many people often share .dcm files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .dcm files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .dcm files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .dcm files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .dcm file format.
3 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.dcm - DICOM Bitmap Image
The DCM graphic files are related to XnView. The DCM file is a DICOM Bitmap Image. The DICOM (Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine) standard was created by the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) to aid the distribution and viewing of medical images, such as CT scans, MRIs, and ultrasound.
|Magic:||- / -|
|Aliases:||acr, dcim, dic, dicm, dicom|
DICOM Bitmap Image related extensions:
- $s ZX Spectrum Hobetta Image
- 2bp Pocket PC Bitmap Image
- 2d Amapi Image
- 411 Sony Mavica Picture
- 4bt GoDot Image
- 73i TI-73 Bitmap
.dcm - DCM Music Module
The DCM audio files are related to Awave Studio. The DCM file is a DCM Music Module.
DCM Music Module related extensions:
- vap Annotated Speech Data
- prg WAVmaker Program
- zar Sony PlayStation 2 Audio Data
- ins HSC-Tracker Instrument
- ivc InterVoice Audio Data
- afp Alesis Fusion Program
.dcmf - DiskCatalogMaker Catalog Data
The DCMF data files are related to DiskCatalogMaker. The DCMF file is a DiskCatalogMaker Catalog Data. DiskCatalogMaker is a simple disk management tool for Mac OS X, which catalogs disks and folders.
DiskCatalogMaker Catalog Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .dcm file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .dcm extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .dcm files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .dcm files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .dcm file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .dcm file
To set the .dcm file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .dcm file association. Many applications can open .dcm files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .dcm file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
ccm, cdm, cm, dc, dch, dck, dcl, dcn, ddm, dfm, dm, dmc, dsm, dvm, dxm
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .dcm filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .dcm:
- cdm Sybase PowerDesigner Conceptual Data Model
- dcl Autodesk AutoCAD Dialog Definition Data
- dmc Medical Manager Script
- rcm Logos Library System Data
- wcm Microsoft Works Communication Script
- dck Resolume Deck
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .dcm page useful, please feel free to link to this page.