DDL file format description
Many people often share .ddl files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .ddl files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .ddl files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .ddl files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .ddl file format.
3 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.ddl - Data Definition Language File
The DDL development files are related to Microsoft SQL Server. The DDL file is a Data Definition Language file. A Data Definition Language (DDL) is a computer language for defining data structures. The term was first introduced in relation to the Codasyl database model, where the schema of the database was written in a Data Definition Language describing the records, fields, and "sets" making up the user Data Model.
|Application:||Microsoft SQL Server|
|Magic:||- / -|
Data Definition Language File related extensions:
- vcprops Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Property Sheet Data
- mlnk MCS Component Policy Editor Link Component
- xuw Milinta APL Unix SAX Workspace
- rxml Roxen Macro Language Document
- jic Altera Quartus II JTAG Indirect Configuration
- tml Tapestry Markup Language Document
.ddl - Ovation Pro DDL
The DDL data files are related to Ovation Pro. The DDL file is an Ovation Pro DDL. Ovation Pro is a Desktop Publishing (DTP) program for Windows.
Ovation Pro DDL related extensions:
- sbar Substance Painter Data
- cmh2 PLINK Cochran Mantel Haenszel IxJxK Test Report
- rgn Garmin Region File
- mob MobTV P2P File
- hcr HydroCAD Rainfall Curve Data
- rnt EdgeCAM Licensing Data
.dd - C64 Doodle Image
The DD graphic files are related to XnView. The DD file is a C64 Doodle Compressed Image. Doodle is a software package for the Commodore 64 computer that allows users to draw graphics.
C64 Doodle Image related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .ddl file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .ddl extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .ddl files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .ddl files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .ddl file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .ddl file
To set the .ddl file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .ddl file association. Many applications can open .ddl files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .ddl file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
cdl, dcl, dd, ddi, ddm, ddo, ddp, del, dfl, dl, dld, drl, dsl, dvl, dwl
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .ddl filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .ddl:
- wdl DynaDoc Document
- cdl NetCDF CDL Metadata
- ddi MAP IEC Document
- dld DLL Detective Data
- dxl Dapyx MP3 Explorer Data
- sdl Web Services Description Language Document
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .ddl page useful, please feel free to link to this page.