DEM file format description
Many people often share .dem files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .dem files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .dem files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .dem files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .dem file format.
10 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.dem - Delphi Edit Mask
The DEM development files are related to Embarcadero Delphi. The DEM file is a Delphi Edit Mask. This text file contains some standard country-specific formats for a TMaskEdit component.
|Magic:||- / -|
Delphi Edit Mask related extensions:
- dsm Delphi Symbol Data
- dct Delphi Component Template
- hdev HDevelop Data
- cob COBOL Source Code
- ssp Scala Server Page
- isl InstallShield Pro Log
.dem - Turing DEM File
The DEM development files are related to Open Turing. The DEM file is a Turing DEM File. Turing is a Pascal-like programming language developed in 1982 by Ric Holt and James Cordy.
Turing DEM File related extensions:
- asi Alpha Five Variables Data
- cola Cola Language Source Code
- cgf ProWorx NXT Codegen Batch
- animset FaceFX Animation Set Data
- gc1 Golden Common Lisp 1.1 Source Code
- psess Visual Studio Performance Session
.dem - Vflo Digital Elevation Model Data
The DEM data files are related to Vflo. The DEM file is a Vflo Digital Elevation Model Data. Vflo is a commercially available, physics-based distributed hydrologic model generated by Vieux & Associates, Inc.
Vflo Digital Elevation Model Data related extensions:
.dem - SOBEK Digital Elevation Map Data
The DEM data files are related to SOBEK. The DEM file is a SOBEK Digital Elevation Map Data. SOBEK is a modelling suite for flood forecasting, optimization of drainage systems, control of irrigation systems, sewer overflow design, river morphology, salt intrusion and surface water quality.
SOBEK Digital Elevation Map Data related extensions:
- asc SOBEK RTC Communication Data
- dbg SOBEK Debug Data
- fnm SOBEK Filenames Data
- his SOBEK History Data
- msg SOBEK Communications Data
- rks SOBEK Rainfall Series Data
.dem - Demetra+ Automated Project
The DEM project files are related to Demetra+. The DEM file is a Demetra+ Automated Project. Demetra+ is a program for seasonal adjustments that was developed and published by Eurostat.
Demetra+ Automated Project related extensions:
- fbp6 FinalBuilder v6 Project
- isc iScreensaver Project
- vbprj Vista Buttons Project
- rzs Autodesk Stitcher Unlimited Project
- dqw IMAGINE DeltaCue Project
- ssp ScreenSwift Screensaver Project
.dem - Creator Simulator Temporary Data
The DEM development files are related to Creator Simulator. The DEM file is a Creator Simulator Temporary Data. Creator is the original fault simulator. It is a discrete-event concurrent fault simulator, meaning that it evaluates changes in the circuit only at specified time instances, but is able to evaluate several faults at once.
Creator Simulator Temporary Data related extensions:
- tnm Synopsys Synplify Time Names Data
- pbas PropBasic Source Code
- pr2 dBASE IV Printer Driver
- pnl Uniface Panel Data
- wdt WinDev Template File
- dws Dyalog Workspace
.dem - USGS DEM Geospatial File Format Data
The DEM gis files are related to USGS. The DEM file is a USGS DEM Geospatial File Format Data. The United States Geological Survey (USGS) is a scientific agency of the United States government. The USGS DEM standard is a geospatial file format developed by the USGS for storing a raster-based digital elevation model.
USGS DEM Geospatial File Format Data related extensions:
- lgs USGS Digital Line Graph Data
.dem - Melco Embroidery Format Data
The DEM data files are related to DesignShop. The DEM file is a Melco Embroidery Format Data. These files are used to store designs for Melco embroidery machines.
Melco Embroidery Format Data related extensions:
.dm3 - Quake 3 Arena Demo
The DM3 game data files are related to Quake 3 Arena. The DM3 file is a Quake 3 Arena Demo. Quake 3 Arena is a multiplayer first-person shooter video game.
Quake 3 Arena Demo related extensions:
- dun Dungeon Defenders Saved Game
- l3d Black and White Graphics Data
- xbmp Area 51 Game Data
- h5m Heroes of Might and Magic V Map Data
- rl1 Descent Registered Level Data
- sve Civilization Saved Game
.jkb - Quake 3 Arena Bot AI Data
The JKB game data files are related to Quake 3 Arena. The JKB file is a Quake 3 Arena Bot AI Data. Quake 3 Arena is a multiplayer first-person shooter video game.
Quake 3 Arena Bot AI Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .dem file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .dem extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .dem files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .dem files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .dem file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .dem file
To set the .dem file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .dem file association. Many applications can open .dem files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .dem file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
cem, d3m, ddm, de, dek, del, den, dfm, dm, dme, drm, dsm, dwm, edm, eem
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .dem filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .dem:
- d3m Descent 3 Data
- dm DRM Delivery Message
- dwm DESQview DWM Data
- vem Meta Media Video E-Mail
- den XMVB Density Data
- dsm AQUA Generic Distance Restraints Summary Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .dem page useful, please feel free to link to this page.