DGC file format description
Many people often share .dgc files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .dgc files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .dgc files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .dgc files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .dgc file format.
4 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.dgc - DGCA File Archive
The DGC archive files are related to DGCA. The DGC file is a DGCA File Archive. DGCA is a japanese compression utility created in 2001 by Shin-ichi Tsuruta.
|Magic:||- / -|
DGCA File Archive related extensions:
.dgc - DuneGraph Compressed Picture
The DGC graphic files are related to Recoil. The DGC file is a DuneGraph Compressed Picture. DuneGraph is a graphics program for the Atari ST computers.
DuneGraph Compressed Picture related extensions:
- 64c Commodore 64 8x8 Font Data
- a Commodore 64 SEUCK Sprite Image
- a4r Atari 8-bit Anime 4ever Image
- abk Commodore Amiga AMOS Bitmap
- acbm Commodore Amiga Continuous Bitmap Image
- afl Commodore 64 AFLI-editor Image
.dgc - DigiGuide Channel Extension
The DGC data files are related to DigiGuide. The DGC file is a DigiGuide Channel Extension. DigiGuide is a digital TV guide in the UK.
DigiGuide Channel Extension related extensions:
- dg-key DigiGuide Key Data
- dgaddin DigiGuide Add-in
- dgimglib DigiGuide Image Library
- dgl DigiGuide Language Data
- dgmarker DigiGuide Marker Data
- dgprint DigiGuide Print Template
.dgc - Intuit TurboTax Tax Form
The DGC data files are related to Intuit TurboTax. The DGC file is an Intuit TurboTax Tax Form. TurboTax is a U.S. tax software package from Intuit.
Intuit TurboTax Tax Form related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .dgc file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .dgc extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .dgc files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .dgc files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .dgc file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .dgc file
To set the .dgc file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .dgc file association. Many applications can open .dgc files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .dgc file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
cgc, dbc, dc, dcg, dfc, dg, dgd, dgf, dgs, dgx, dnc, drc, dtc, dvc, dyc
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .dgc filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .dgc:
- dbc DAZ Studio Brick Camera
- dgd DGD Program
- dtc JetBrains DotTrace CPU Snapshot Data
- gdc FME Desktop Grid Data Catalog
- dfc Defractor Instrument
- drc BBC Dirac Video
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .dgc page useful, please feel free to link to this page.