DMP file format description
Many people often share .dmp files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .dmp files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .dmp files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .dmp files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .dmp file format.
6 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.dmp - Windows Memory Dump
The DMP data files are related to Dumpchk. The DMP file is a Windows Memory Dump. The memory dump (DMP) is used to record the contents of the system memory when Windows operating systems stop unexpectedly. The Dumpchk seems to be no longer supported.
Windows Memory Dump related extensions:
- fzm Fritzing Module
- nad Neighbourhood Algorithm Direct Access File
- qnx Intuit Quicken v4 Index File
- sr7 SAS Item Storage
- rw3 RapidWeaver 3 Site
- biom Biological Observation Matrix Data
.dmp - DB/TextWorks Exported Records File
The DMP data files are related to DB/TextWorks. The DMP file is a DB/TextWorks Exported Records File. DB/TextWorks is a popular Windows database management and text retrieval system. The DB/TextWorks seems to be no longer supported.
DB/TextWorks Exported Records File related extensions:
- pmp Nintendo Wii Packed Map Data
- hvif Haiku Vector Icon Format Data
- nlang3 Ashampoo Internet Accelerator Localisation Data
- avc Kaspersky Anti-virus Database
- api Adobe Photoshop Ink Colors Setup
- obs AquaCrop Field Observations Data
.dmp - PDP-10 Core Dump
The DMP development files are related to PDP-10. The DMP file is a PDP-10 Core Dump. The PDP-10 is a mainframe computer family manufactured by Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) from 1966 into the 1980s. The PDP-10 seems to be no longer supported.
PDP-10 Core Dump related extensions:
- a68 PDP-10 Algol-68 Compiler Source Code
- alg PDP-10 Algol Compiler Source Code
- b36 PDP-10 BLISS-36 Compiler Source Code
- bcl PDP-10 BCPL Compiler Source Code
- bli PDP-10 BLISS-10 Compiler Source Code
- ctl PDP-10 Batch File
.dmp - Depiction Element Definition Data
The DMP gis files are related to Depiction Reader. The DMP file is a Depiction Element Definition Data. Depiction is a GIS mapping tool
Depiction Element Definition Data related extensions:
- spx ArcGIS Geodatabase SPX File
- rde ArcGIS Reduced Resolution Dataset External File
- ogw Orbit GIS Workspace
- dpn Depiction Data
- odb ArcInfo Object Database ASCII Data
- mmj ProMark3 GPS MobileMapper Job File
.dmp - BYOND Dream Maker Map Data
The DMP development files are related to BYOND Dream Maker. The DMP file is a BYOND Dream Maker Map Data. The DM (Dream Maker) language uses a syntax similar to C/C++ to build networked multi-user worlds. This reference and the accompanying guide discuss the structure and function of DM.
BYOND Dream Maker Map Data related extensions:
- zsc zMUD Script
- qsys Intel Qsys System Data
- ctl PDP-10 Batch File
- ow FreePascal 1.0.x Object
- e Epsilon Editor EEL Macro
- w OpenEdge ABL Procedure File
.dmp - Steam Client Dump Data
The DMP data files are related to Steam. The DMP file is a Steam Client Dump Data. Steam is a digital distribution, digital rights management, multiplayer and communications platform developed by Valve Corporation.
Steam Client Dump Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .dmp file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .dmp extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .dmp files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .dmp files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .dmp file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .dmp file
To set the .dmp file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .dmp file association. Many applications can open .dmp files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .dmp file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
cmp, dhp, djp, dkp, dlp, dm, dml, dmo, dnp, dp, dpm, emp, fmp, mdp, mp
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .dmp filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .dmp:
- smp IMail Server Mail Message
- xmp Xilinx Microprocessor Project
- cmp Solid Edge Wire Harness Design
- cmp Marvelous Designer Camera Projection Data
- dmo Twin TrackPlayer Music
- emp eSignal Market Profile Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .dmp page useful, please feel free to link to this page.