DRL file format description
Many people often share .drl files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .drl files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .drl files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .drl files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .drl file format.
5 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.drl - Excellon Drill File
The DRL data files are related to gerbv. The DRL file is an Excellon Drill File. Excellon file is a text-based file format which is used to control the actions of a CNC drilling machine, commonly used in the drilling of printed circuit boards (PCB).
Excellon Drill File related extensions:
.drl - Altium Binary Drill Data
The DRL data files are related to Altium Designer. The DRL file is an Altium Binary Drill Data. Altium Designer is a unified electronics design solution.
Altium Binary Drill Data related extensions:
- vdl CyberLink PowerDVD Data
- dgimglib DigiGuide Image Library
- spd SPSS Custom Dialog Data
- xxp Brixx Planner Plan Data
- xmbl Vernier Logger Pro Data
- pgdb PathVisio Gene Database
.drl - PTC Creo Holemaking Parameter Data
The DRL data files are related to PTC Creo. The DRL file is a PTC Creo Holemaking Parameter Data. PTC Creo is a scalable, interoperable suite of product design software.
PTC Creo Holemaking Parameter Data related extensions:
- bfr Network Instruments Observer Data
- nrbak NeatReceipts Backup Data
- qtf Qtracker Filter
- pmt Technics SX-KN6000 Panel Memory Data
- hscx HemoSpat Coordinate Exchange Format Data
- ode XPP ODE Unit
.drl - Commodore 64 Drazlace Image
The DRL graphic files are related to Recoil. The DRL file is a Commodore 64 Drazlace Image. The Commodore 64 (C64) is an 8-bit home computer introduced in January 1982 by Commodore International.
Commodore 64 Drazlace Image related extensions:
- 64c Commodore 64 8x8 Font Data
- a Commodore 64 SEUCK Sprite Image
- a4r Atari 8-bit Anime 4ever Image
- abk Commodore Amiga AMOS Bitmap
- acbm Commodore Amiga Continuous Bitmap Image
- afl Commodore 64 AFLI-editor Image
.drl - Drools Rule Language Data
The DRL data files are related to Drools. The DRL file is a Drools Rule Language Data. Drools is a business rule management system (BRMS) with a forward and backward chaining inference based rules engine developed by Red Hat.
Drools Rule Language Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .drl file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .drl extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .drl files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .drl files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .drl file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .drl file
To set the .drl file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .drl file association. Many applications can open .drl files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .drl file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
crl, ddl, del, dfl, dgl, dl, dlr, dr, dr1, dri, drk, drm, dro, drp, dtl
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .drl filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .drl:
- dtl Now Contact Detail Template
- wrl Virtual Reality World
- crl Certificate Revocation List
- dr1 Nicolet 5DX Data
- drp DReport Document
- rl The 7th Guest Archive
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .drl page useful, please feel free to link to this page.