DSK file format description
Many people often share .dsk files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .dsk files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .dsk files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .dsk files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .dsk file format.
9 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.dsk - General Disk Image
The DSK disk image files are related to RaWrite for Windows. The DSK file is a General Floppy Disk Image. It is a simple, uncompressed disk image format.
|Application:||RaWrite for Windows|
|Category:||Disk Image files|
|Magic:||- / -|
General Disk Image related extensions:
- gi Prassi Primo DVD Image
- toast Roxio Toast Disk Image
- ede Ensoniq EPS Disk Image
- wdf Wiimms WDF Tool Image
- td0 Teledisk Floppy Image
- mdf Alcohol 120% CD Image
.dsk - RAD Studio Saved Desktop
The DSK data files are related to RAD Studio. The DSK file is a RAD Studio Saved Desktop. File used to save the project desktop when the Autosave Project desktop option is enabled
RAD Studio Saved Desktop related extensions:
- inds Adobe InDesign Snippet
- lof LaTeX Auxiliary Data
- spb SpareBrains Data
- fvr NoteTab Favorites File
- alg AlgoBox Algorithm Data
- add BSL Weighted Addition Data
.dsk - Novell NetWare Disk Driver
The DSK other files are related to Novell Netware. The DSK file is a Novell NetWare Disk Driver. Novell NetWare is a server operating system used primarily for business and educational network environments.
Novell NetWare Disk Driver related extensions:
- lvf Logitech Video Effects
- mydocs Windows My Documents Shortcut
- plexapp Plex Plugin Package
- dwc Emulex DWC Firmware Update
- dkp Dreamkeys Plug-in
- wfx Total Commander File System Plugin
.dsk - Delphi Project Desktop Data
The DSK development files are related to Embarcadero Delphi. The DSK file is a Delphi Project Desktop Data. Delphi is a software product that uses the Object Pascal programming language and provides an integrated development environment (IDE) for rapid application development of desktop, mobile, web, and console software.
Delphi Project Desktop Data related extensions:
- dzi Silverlight Deep Zoom Image
- tbasicx thinBasic Encrypted Script
- fps FPS Creator Segment
- pyf F2PY Signature File
- taasmt thinAir Assembly Template
- pih Karrigell Python Inside HTML File
.dsk - Lotus Notes Design Elements Data
The DSK data files are related to Lotus Notes. The DSK file is a Lotus Notes Design Elements Data. Lotus Notes is the classic client for accessing the Domino / Notes server and processing e-mail, appointments, contacts and much more.
Lotus Notes Design Elements Data related extensions:
- gwz Groundspeak Wherigo Cartridge Archive
- rv SPEFO Stellar Spectra Analysis RV Data
- ovlx E-Sword v9 Overlay Data
- lfp IPRO LFP Data
- clk ClickFORMS Data
- fp6 FileMaker Pro V6 Data
.dsk - WinImage Disk Image Data
The DSK data files are related to WinImage. The DSK file is a WinImage Disk Image Data. Black Belt Systems WinImages is a bitmap graphics editor and special effects applicator that supports both automation of editing tasks and animation of effects. The WinImage seems to be no longer supported.
WinImage Disk Image Data related extensions:
- bwz WinImage Batch Configuration
- elf WinImage Extended Layer Data
- ima WinImage Disk Image
- imz WinImage ZIP Compressed Disk Image
- w3d WinImage Raytracing Control Data
- wil WinImage List
.dsk - Sharp MZ-series Emulator Disk Data
The DSK data files are related to Sharp MZ. The DSK file is a Sharp MZ-series Emulator Disk Data. The Sharp MZ is a series of personal computers sold in Japan and Europe by Sharp beginning in 1978.
Sharp MZ-series Emulator Disk Data related extensions:
- fskey F-Secure Internet Security Product Key
- lrs Check Point FDE License Request Data
- dix Apertium Monodix Dictionary Data
- nto NTOScanner Data
- omm Transformation Extender Old Map Source
- api Adobe Acrobat Plug-in
.dsk - TOTAL Sketch Document
The DSK document files are related to TOTAL Sketch. The DSK file is a TOTAL Sketch Document. TOTAL Sketch is sketching program designed to make sketching as easy as the rest of your report.
TOTAL Sketch Document related extensions:
- tm5 Adobe Pagemaker 5.0 Template
- gslide Google Slides Document
- ssm Samsung S Memo Data
- q3o Quick3D Object
- sldx Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 Slide
- srb Corel WordPerfect Scrap Book
.dsk - MSX-DOS Disk Image
The DSK disk image files are related to MESS. The DSK file is an MSX-DOS Disk Image. MSX-DOS is a discontinued disk operating system developed by Microsoft for the 8-bit home computer standard MSX.
MSX-DOS Disk Image related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .dsk file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .dsk extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .dsk files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .dsk files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .dsk file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .dsk file
To set the .dsk file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .dsk file association. Many applications can open .dsk files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .dsk file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
csk, dck, dek, dk, dks, ds, dsj, dsl, dsm, dso, dsu, dwk, dzk, esk, fsk
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .dsk filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .dsk:
- dks PowerQuest DataKeeper Settings Data
- dsl MTR Damaged Sector List
- fsk Atari 8-bit Tape Data
- dso DataFlex Data File
- dek Magic: The Gathering Deck
- dsj Deluxe Ski Jump 2 Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .dsk page useful, please feel free to link to this page.