DVC file format description
Many people often share .dvc files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .dvc files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .dvc files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .dvc files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .dvc file format.
5 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.dvc - Dragon NaturallySpeaking Vocabulary
The DVC data files are related to Dragon NaturallySpeaking. The DVC file is a Dragon NaturallySpeaking Vocabulary file. Dragon NaturallySpeaking is the speech recognition software package produced by Nuance Communications for Windows PCs.
|Magic:||- / -|
Dragon NaturallySpeaking Vocabulary related extensions:
- erb Braille Music Reader File
- jpn Unreal Engine Japanese Language Data
- igr Igor Engraver Data
- spr SoftMax Pro 6 Protocol Data
- gsm ArchiCAD Library Object
- ngo numberGo Dynamic Report
.dvc - Uniface Device Translation Table
The DVC development files are related to Uniface. The DVC file is a Uniface Device Translation Table. Uniface is a development and deployment platform for enterprise applications that can run in a large range of runtime environments, including mobile, mainframe, web, Service-oriented architecture, Windows, Java EE and .NET.
Uniface Device Translation Table related extensions:
- aps Uniface Startup Shell Data
- asn Uniface Assignment Data
- dol Uniface Global Object Data
- dsp Uniface Dynamic Server Page
- edc Uniface Entity Descriptor Data
- esv Uniface Entity Service Data
.dvc - Idrisi Vector Definition
The DVC gis files are related to IDRISI. The DVC file is an Idrisi Vector Definitione. IDRISI is an integrated geographic information system (GIS) and remote sensing software developed by Clark Labs at Clark University for the analysis and display of digital geospatial information.
Idrisi Vector Definition related extensions:
- rdc Idrisi Raster Format Description
- ref Idrisi Raster Format Geographical Reference
- rst Idrisi Raster Format RAW Image
- smp Idrisi Raster Format Color Table
- vct Idrisi Vector Image
- vdc Idrisi Vector Documentation
.dvc - Lotus 1-2-3 DVC Data
The DVC data files are related to Lotus 1-2-3. The DVC file is a Lotus 1-2-3 DVC Data. Lotus 1-2-3 is a spreadsheet program designed for IBM-compatible personal computers by Lotus Corporation in 1982.
Lotus 1-2-3 DVC Data related extensions:
- vpk Verge Package
- fml Advansys Portable Message Format Data
- olk14event Microsoft Office Outlook for Mac Events Data
- rek Fraunhofer EZRT Volume Data
- zda GP32 ZDA Compressed Archive
- npext Newspilot External Document
.dvc - LoseThos Partition Drive Data
The DVC development files are related to LoseThos. The DVC file is a LoseThos Partition Drive Data. LoseThos is a small 64bit open source free operating system available for IBM PC compatible computers. The LoseThos seems to be no longer supported.
LoseThos Partition Drive Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .dvc file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .dvc extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .dvc files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .dvc files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .dvc file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .dvc file
To set the .dvc file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .dvc file association. Many applications can open .dvc files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .dvc file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
cvc, dbc, dc, dcc, dcv, ddc, dfc, dgc, dv, dvd, dvf, dvs, dvv, dvx, evc
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .dvc filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .dvc:
- dvs DeepVision Sonar Data
- vvc Infinity Engine 1.0 Spell Casting FX
- dcc Nokia Dynamic Camera Configuration
- dvd CloneCD DVD Image Information
- vc Vivid 2.0 Color Definition
- dc DesignCAD Document
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .dvc page useful, please feel free to link to this page.