EDF file format description
Many people often share .edf files without providing instructions on how to use them. This can make it difficult for users to determine which program is compatible for editing, converting, or printing .edf files. To address this issue, we have created this page to offer assistance and guidance on handling .edf files. We provide information on compatible software, editing instructions and conversion options to help users effectively interact with .edf files.
Our aim is to simplify the process and promote seamless use of the .edf file format.
10 filename extension(s) found in our database.
.edf - ESRF Data Format
The EDF data files are related to ESRF FIT2D. The EDF file is an ESRF Data Format file. The European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF) is a joint research facility supported by 19 countries situated in Grenoble, France. Research in the ESRF focuses, in large part, on the use of X-ray radiation in fields as diverse as protein crystallography, earth science, materials science, chemistry and physics.
ESRF Data Format related extensions:
- abc Alembic Data
- h6h JUKI HLC Script
- fmp Autodesk AutoCAD Font Map Data
- lepf Little Endian Prebuilt Format File
- vlpset Mozilla Firefox Safebrowsing v4 Prefix Set
- tmplg Send to TimeMap Plug-in
.edf - Altera EDIF Input File
The EDF data files are related to Altera Quartus II. The EDF file is an Altera EDIF Input File. Altera Corporation is a Silicon Valley manufacturer of PLDs, reconfigurable complex digital circuits. An EDIF version 2 0 0 netlist file (with the extension (.edf), generated by any standard EDIF netlist writer.
Altera EDIF Input File related extensions:
- slg WellSight Oil Well Log
- str STATISTICA Report File
- lst Holux MapShow Map List
- ad After Dark Screensaver
- esd Algor SuperDraw 3 Data
- brres BRRES Resource Package
.edf - Efficient Diary v2 Document
The EDF document files are related to Efficient Diary. The EDF file is an Efficient Diary v2 Document. Efficient Diary is a cross-platform, easy-to-use and powerful electronic diary software package which allows you keep a diary on either PCs or mobile phones.
Efficient Diary v2 Document related extensions:
- afpub Affinity Publisher Document
- ete EpsilonTest Editor Template
- proqc ProPresenter 4 Quartz Composition
- cws ClarisWorks Template
- gq Epson Page Description Language Document
- dgk Delcam 3D Model
.edf - Dunstad Estimator Data
The EDF data files are related to Dunstad Estimator. The EDF file is a Dunstad Estimator Data. Dunstad Estimator is a financial estimator program for Microsoft Windows. The Dunstad Estimator seems to be no longer supported.
Dunstad Estimator Data related extensions:
- ebf Efficient Binary Format Data
- wpk Corel WordPerfect Keyboard Layout
- all Cubase VST Arrangement Backup Data
- kpl Krita Color Palette
- ptc PANTONE Color Manager Data
- shw MagicQ Show Data
.edf - Edificius Project
The EDF project files are related to Edificius. The EDF file is a Edificius Project. Edificius is a building information modelling (BIM) and 3D architectural design software package used in the construction industry.
Edificius Project related extensions:
- xclp Microsoft Research Cliplets Project
- ezp EDIUS Compressed Project
- mcs Mimics Project
- asmproj Atmel Studio Assembler Project
- cin Calculux Indoor Project
- qproj FreeQ IDE Project
.edf - eMemoPad Data
The EDF data files are related to eMemoPad. The EDF file is an eMemoPad Data. EMemoPad is an outline text editor software for Microsoft Windows. The eMemoPad seems to be no longer supported.
eMemoPad Data related extensions:
- xpm DESQview Macro Data
- afp Alphacam Flame Post Data
- pmx E-mail Examiner Data
- sg Sega SG-1000 Image
- msn MSN Content Plus Installation Data
- ird Microsoft Money Temporary Data
.edf - Workshare Synergy EDF Data
The EDF data files are related to Workshare Synergy. The EDF file is a Workshare Synergy EDF Data. Workshare Synergy is a document collaboration software which allows users to manage the content of their document or see how their document has evolved.
Workshare Synergy EDF Data related extensions:
- gtag Jelbert GeoTagger Database
- afd ArisFlow Flowchart Diagram
- pla Esko FastImpose Plate Data
- ucn Unisys U-ACT Configurator Data
- dl FLEXnet Manager Debug Log
- photoslibrary Apple Photos Library
.edf - Altera Quartus II EDIF Input Data
The EDF development files are related to Altera Quartus II. The EDF file is an Altera Quartus II EDIF Input Data. Altera Quartus is a programmable logic device design software from Altera.
Altera Quartus II EDIF Input Data related extensions:
- sl S-Lang Source Code
- a4e Adobe Authorware External Library
- alb Alpha Five Library
- ftl FreeMarker Template
- hdcl Hierarchical Dynamic Composition Language Document
- vcxitems Visual Studio C++ Project Items Data
.edf - DrumBeat Component Data
The EDF data files are related to DrumBeat. The EDF file is a DrumBeat Component Data. DrumBeat is a peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing application. The DrumBeat seems to be no longer supported.
DrumBeat Component Data related extensions:
- sde DrumBeat Exported Data
.edf - MicroEMACS Spelling Dictionary Data
The EDF data files are related to MicroEMACS. The EDF file is a MicroEMACS Spelling Dictionary Data. MicroEMACS is a small, portable Emacs-like text editor.
MicroEMACS Spelling Dictionary Data related extensions:
It is important to understand that the .edf file extension is not limited to a particular set of applications. Other programs besides the intended ones can also use the .edf extension to create files. This includes potentially harmful programs or malware that may generate .edf files for various purposes. Be especially cautious with .edf files coming from untrusted or unknown sources.
Can't open a .edf file?
When you double-click a file to open it, Windows examines the filename extension. If Windows recognizes the filename extension, it opens the file in the program that is associated with that filename extension. When Windows does not recognize an extension, you receive the following message:
Select an app to open this .edf file
To set the .edf file association in Windows 11, you can follow these steps
- Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
- In the Settings app, click on System and then select Apps from the left-hand side menu.
- Scroll down and click on the Default apps option.
- Under the Default apps section, you will find various categories such as Email, Web browser, and Music player.
- Locate the category that matches the file type you want to associate, such as Photos for image files or Video player for video files.
- Click on the current default app listed under the category. A list of available apps will appear.
- Choose the app you want to set as the default for that file type. If the desired app is not listed, click on More apps to see additional options or click on Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to search for apps in the Store.
- After selecting the app, it will become the default choice for opening files of that type.
It's worth mentioning that you don't always need to set .edf file association. Many applications can open .edf files without requiring any specific file association to be set.
The .edf file extension is often given incorrectly
Based on searches conducted on our site in the past year, we have compiled a list of the most common misspellings. These frequent misspellings can cause confusion and hinder search accuracy. Our goal in providing this list is to help users find the right information more easily and enhance their overall search experience on our website.
These misspellings were the most common in the past year:
3df, ddf, def, df, ecf, ed, edb, edc, edd, ede, edg, edr, edt, edv, eef
Is it possible that the filename extension is misspelled?
There is a possibility that the .edf filename extension is misspelled. To assist users in identifying potential errors, we provide a list of similar file extensions in our database.
Filename extensions similar to .edf:
- ddf IAR System C-SPY Device Description Data
- df Lightscape Parameter File
- edb Act! E-Mail Database
- edv Ensoniq VFX-SD Disk Image
- esf Empire: Total War Campaign Settings Data
- rdf Burli Newsroom System Data
At DataTypes.net, we strive to provide a seamless user experience by ensuring compatibility with a wide range of operating systems. The following is a comprehensive list of the operating systems currently supported by DataTypes.net:
Windows XP/Vista, Windows 7/8/10, Windows 11, CentOS, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, macOS, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
Verified by DataTypes.net
The verification conducted by the DataTypes.net team ensures that the information presented is accurate, reliable, and thoroughly researched. Users can rely on DataTypes.net as a trusted source of information, knowing that their team's dedication to verification and quality control provides a dependable resource for staying informed.
DataTypes.net is not liable for the content and accuracy of external links, even if we exercise careful control over them.
If you find the information on this .edf page useful, please feel free to link to this page.